cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hopefully someone can help me with this one.

OS --> Win

Dbase --> MS-SQL

SAP Rel : ECC6

We're printing several objects in RDI-format to a special printer (StreamServe) This printer takes care of further formatting and decides what to do : print it out, send it by fax etc.

Output from SAP arrives at this printer, no problem there but there is one thing that puzzles me: In SP01 all requests are set to status: ERROR. Additional info:

Description Value

Job status: Completed

Area: Data transfer

Error: Host spool error

SAP SPOOL_ERROR LOG:

SAP spool error log

====================================

Print request processing log

The host spool is reporting errors

Message from host spool:

E:\usr\sap\PRD\DVEBMGS00\data\000001455800001.PRD is currently being printed

End of message

Command used: print /d:
mstrs02\RDI_Test E:\usr\sap\PRD\DVEBMGS00\data\000001455800001.PRD

Errors occurred processing this print request

Error during print request output. l_rc = 1

There may be no printout

Most important attributes of spool request

Request number 14558

Request name SCRIPT Z011 000001000001

Client 210

Owner SAP*

Request attributes

Time created 2007012609550900

Remaining life +00000235945

Dispo 1 (Go/Hold) H

Dispo 2 (Keep/Delete) K

Dispo 3 (Indirect/Direct) D

Default output device STR1

Default no. copies 1

Format X_PAPER

Main print request characteristics

Spool request number 14558

Print request number 1

Print request attributes

Time created 2007012609552400

Output device STR1

Format X_PAPER

Character converter active when first problem occurred

No information available

================================================

What is happening here. I would like to solve this problem since it is nearly impossible to trtoubleshoot printing issues because of all the errors in SP01.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Phobos,

There appears to be a problem with streamserve print command. To troubleshoot it you should manually execute the following command from the command prompt while logged onto the host as <sid>adm:

print /d:
mstrs02\RDI_Test E:\usr\sap\PRD|DVEBMGS00\data\<print_file> .

Most likely there is no print file available under the data directory. To create this file, please modify the RDI output device by going SPAD-> open the output device definition in change mode-> Edit -> Test tool-> select 'Retain print file'-> save the changes. Create a new output request which will leave a spool file in the data directory. Now execute the manual print test from the command prompt with the newly created print file. You should get more detail about what has failed after executing the print command. Please remember to disable the 'Retain print file' option when you are done testing.

Regards,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

seems SAPLPD problem...try to restart saplpd service.

Cheers...

Nani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Looks like SAP is waiting for some kind of confirmation and its not getting that so it change the status to Error , eventhough its printed. In Unix I had same kind of issue in the past and it was like SAP is expecting confirmation in English and when it gets it in some other language it change the status as error.There a parameter that we can change to make this work .. I forgot the parameter and I am not sure whether its true for Windows. Check the output log spool workprocess log etc , you may get some clue from there

Thanks

Prince Jose