Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Issue for IDOC TO FILE Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus

I am working on IDoc to file scenario.

I have implemented all the ale settings in R/3 ssytem and XI System.

When i am trigerring an idoc from idoc test tool we19, PI is unabe to receive the message in PI MONI.

i have checked the smq1,smq2 and sm58.

In sm58 i am getting the following error  IDx1 Port: SAP R/3 Sysetn name, RFC Destination has errors.

I am unable to unerstand what the issue is.

Earlier in the day, the RFC Connection has failed from R/3 Syetm to PI Syetm and the basis team have worked on taht and made it work.

Please suggest me the feasible solutions how to solve the issue, asi am in critical phase of my project.

Thanx in advance

tahnk you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Error if transaction SM58 indicates an RFC transmission error,

check in SM59,

check "Connection type" if its defined correctly, check "technical settings" , check "logon & security" if Authorization is correct,

select "Inactive" for "MDMP" & also select "Unicode",select "Default gateway value" from "Special options tab"

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The main reason i was not getting the IDocs Messages inot PI MONI, even when i am able to see the IDocs we05/we02 in green and sucess status 03 because of the Problem with the RFC Connection maintained from R/3 System to PI. I have solved the issue by providing the errors , whiich were found in sm58 of the R/3 system to the Basis team and they have helped me in resolving the issue. than a lot guys for all you replies and suggestions.

thank you i am closing this thread now.

1) Name or password is incorrect (repeat Logon)

Sol: The RFC Connection from R/3 to PI was not configured correctly and even the test connection was failing.
We have deleted the existing RFC Connection and created a new RFC Connection with the correct values and it was working fine.

2)Transaction IDX1: Port (R/3 Port),Client020,RFC Destination Contain Errors

sol: The RFC was not configured correctly, so we were facing this error in the sm58 of the R/3 system.
while sending idoc from R/3 to PI.. system expects and sender RFC as SYS+CLNT+client number ( in this case XXXCLNT100 ) to be available in Target system ( PI).

Thanx a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanx a lot for your replies

I have contacted my basis team with the screen shot of the issues i am facing in PI. I am waiting for an reply from them, will keep posted as soon as i resolve the issues.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Also paste the results(i.e what caused you the error & how it got solved), so that it will help others to sortout related problem...

Thanks.......

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the port defined in IDoc control record matches the one defined in XI. You might also want to use this blog as a reference to crosscheck if your configuration is correct and complete:

Hope this help,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the port configured in the outbound partner profile in R/3. Check the RFC destination mapped to that port in transaction we21. Do a connection test  and a  authorization test for that RFC destination.

Thanks,
Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Are you getting any error while you trigger Idoc from we19.

2. Do you see the IDoc in we02 on the R/3 side. What is the status of this IDoc

3. What do you see in sm58 on R/3

Thanks,
Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks,
Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) whn i trigger an idoc from we19, its saying the IDoc has been sucesfully sent to External Program or the R/3 sysem.

2) the status is 03 and showing in green coluor.

3) The error which i am getting at sm58 of the r/3 ssyetm is "Transaction IDX1:PORT R/3 Port name,Client 020,RFC Destinatioon contain error."

Former Member
0 Kudos

in R/3 system, in WE21, check the RFC destination used for connecting to XI system.

open the RFC destination in SM59 and in logon security, check the client of XI system and the user-details maintained there.

then in XI system in SU01, check if that user is maintained and is not locked. also make sure that the user-id and password for XI system in that client is valid and this is maintained in R/3 system RFC destination to XI system above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks,
Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have done the following

XI System:

1) IDX1-Port the R/3 Port is mainatined with the R/3 RFC Name in it.

2) Checked the RFC Connection of R/3 which is maintained in PI and doen the coneection test.It is working fine.

3) Checked the Technical Settings of the RFC Connection.

4) At the logon seetings checked the USer ID is being mainted as PIClntR3Clnt as user name.

R/3:

1) The Connection RFC from R/3 to PI, its working fine.

2) Checked the patner profiles and port, its also shwoing fine.

3)The R/3 RFC Connection which is mainatined in PI, i checked the same R/3 RFC Connection in R/3 and under logon settings it is maintained by some user.

Both the names for the same RFC are under different names and i think passwords as well., i dont know if this causes any issue.

I have run the idoc again from we19 and I am still getting the same error

suggest me where i am going wrong.

thanx a lot.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you also perform the Unicode check of the RFC destination in PI, and verified the results agains the MDMP & Unicode setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just a thought, may be u can try to use some other user in ur RFC destination (which is pointing to PI) and then test...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have checked the R/3 RFC Destniation, which is being maintained in PI, whn i click on unicode and do the test, it is saying the "Target is not a unicode system"

Under Communication type with target sysetm:

the below radio boxes are checked

Non-unicode

MDMP- Inactive.

i am sending the idoc from R/3 to PI. the scenario is IDOC to File.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->

1) IDX1-Port the R/3 Port is mainatined with the R/3 RFC Name in it.

2) Checked the RFC Connection of R/3 which is maintained in PI and doen the coneection test.It is working fine.

Is the RFC name in point1 and RFC Connection name in Point2 is same?

Is the IDoc metadata loaded in IDX2 for the port created in IDX1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

1) yes in IDX1 the R/3 Port is mainatained with R/3 RFC name in it.

2) Yes it is working fine for connection test as well as the authorization test.

3) yes the RFC name in point 1 and point 2 are same.

Meta data i havent loaded it in PI manually, nut whn i check the meta dat is sshoing in IDX2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain the port name in the XI system as SAP<SID> name of the R/3..

else you will get the above error..

please correct the port in idx1 and try again..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

1) Please check tRFC port for the partner system in WE21 are defined correctly, as required.

2) check SM59 for RFC connection defined correctly,also check the target host on Technical settings tab in SM59,check Logon credentials on the Logon & Security tab, then carry out connection test to related RFC.

3) check if patner profile WE20 has defined correctly.

Hope this will help you.....

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check in RFC Destination values such as target host, path prefix,service number, user credentials are right. The communication between ECC and PI will be established only after correcting the error. After input all the required things check with RFC Connection test and see the results. IF the result is succesful then you can make idoc communciation.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See a nice answer by Former Member for a similar problem here: http://scn.sap.com/message/7364612#7364612. Most probably your configuration in idx1 of PI has some errors. Verify and correct it to get the scenario working fine.

Hope this helps,

Greg