cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMS next empty bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I' am using putaway trategy L next empy bin. The system should search for the next empy bin and if there is no more empty bin in the storage type, it  has to fill the first bin with space based on capacity check activated at storage type level. I remember this behaviour but in the test I have made, the system is only searching for the empty bin. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Josy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So the putaway strategy should be L and activate the capacity check method for that storage type. Based on the capacity check method maintain the necessary master data in the material master WM view for capacity. For ex:- if you can determine the max quantity that you can store in 1 bin that quantity has to be maintained in the material master. Based on the type of material that you manage in your warehouse you can decide if you want to use addition to existing stock & mixed storage. Once you maintain the settings the system should determine the 1st bin for putaway and once that bin is full it should pick the next bin available for the particular storage type. You can run a bin utilization report to monitor the stock capacity in a bin. Please remember to maintain the storage type search for putaway and picking as well.

Thanks

Anandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use add to existing stock(putaway strategy), which will search for the available stock for that material. If it doesnt find any stock, the system will automatically search for the next empty bin in that storage type. TO creation fails if empty bin is not available.

For your kind of strategy, you have to implement an exit(custom strategy).

Regards

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The next picking bin is the requirement from the customer. In Sap SCM630 there is the following explanation about next empty bin strategy but it seems the system not working in that way.

If the "next empty bin" putaway strategy is valid instead of the.additionto existing stock. strategy, the system always tries to find an empty bin for putaway first and only adds to existing stock if it is no longer possible to store the quant individually.

What' s your thinking.

Josy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with Envirnmrnt > Display Search bin log ...& you will get the clue why Bin is not getting determined

Thanks,

mahesh

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

next empty bin is always next empty bin, nothing else. If the system does not find an empty bin in one storage type, it moves on the to the next storage type (or stops if nothing is following). If you want to add then to a bin, you have to use the exit and build it.

"In Sap SCM630 there is the following explanation about next empty bin strategy but it seems the system not working in that way." Don't know what SCM630 material you go, but mine definetely does not say that .

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

With L next empty bin strategy, if it doesn't find a fixed bin in that storage type then it will not create a TO.