cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Matching in Sales Order. Conf.Material is not replaced by variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've encountered a problem when trying to set up variant matching in the Sales Order.

The problem:

I create a Sales Order via transaction VA01. I select the order type to be OR (Standard order). I enter my configurable material into the order. I go to the Configuration tab. From there, I enter some characteristic values and press the Type matching button. A box appears below the configuration which says "Material variant", displaying the material variant that should replace the configurable material. However, I just can't get the variant that popped-up below to actually replace the configurable material.

Settings for all relevant objects:

1. For both the config. material and its variant, I've selected "Configuration Allowed" in the MRP3 tab in MM01. I've assigned the strategy group 25 for the conf. material and 26 for its variant.

2. I have created a configuration profile for the configurable material. It is assigned to class type 300. In settings, under the tab "Variant Matching", I've selected "Type matching on request" and Strategy: "Partial confign."

3. Also, I have made sure that in the configuration profile, BOM explosion is set to "None".

4. I have checked through the relevant Item Category (TAC) and made sure that Variant Matching is ticked and the action when a variant is found is set to 4, automatically replace when updating and changing.

5. I went through the relevant requirements class (46) and made sure that it has Configuration Required.

6. I went through the transaction MDPV (Type matching) and ticked all of the characteristics of the configurable material as "Optional" instead of "Not relevant" for type matching.

I hope I've given enough clarity about the situation. If there are any settings that might be wrong or that I might be missing out, please tell me. If there are any other suggestions as to why this is not working, any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Mindaugas Kadzys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have problem in variant matching, when it matched its pricing is not coming in sales order, we created condition type ZVA0 same as VA00 condition type and the combination is sales org, dis chl, div and material. in VK13 we maintainted the values. If you want I will give your more details please let me know

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammed Qureshi,

You are trying to use thread opened 2 years back.

please close this thread and create a new post with brief detail of issue and you will get favorable replies from forum.

You can post link of referance thread , but please do not use old open threads.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mindaugas Kadzys,

I like the way you explaind issue, very detailed which covers everything.

With the details you provided , it looks every thing is fine and it should work as per expectation.

Just want to ask a very basic question , please check sales data for Material Varient (MV), alternative way would be create a stock of this MV and then create a sales order directly for it , it will confirm you have all sales realted setting for this MV.

If possible please try and come back with findings.

Thanks

Ritesh