cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Uploads of M'soft visios into sol man

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SolMan Gurus

We are busy creating the Process Flows using Microsoft visio and wish to load them into Solution manager - does anyone know of a quick way or performing a mass load into Sol Man?

Other option we looked at was to leverage ARIS Express by loading them into ARIS from VISIO and managing them from there - be a good idea ?

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Pj11
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Raj,

I would recommend you consider using the mass document upload functionality to a project with SolMan 7.1.    

Use SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for a specific project and then the menu option EDIT > FILL BUSINESS BLUEPRINT

NB: If you have already loaded documents to your project you will need to: create a 'dummy project for the upload'; load documents to structure and copy/link documents to the real project. (still potentially quicker than loading up Visios one at a time !)

Kind Regards,  Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Paul - thanks will try that now

@ jadish - please send me too  rajcontactsap@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,Jansi,

I sent it to both of your mail ids.. Please check.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Can you please send me the documents ?

the mail id solmandoc@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Even I need docs, I have been struggling for sometime now.   Pls mail them to vivek.hegde@hotmail.com

I just realized it's one year old thread !!

Regards,

Vivek

Message was edited by: Vivek Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

could you please email to me the docs:

bolgar@gmx.net

Best regards,

Dimitrij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

ARIS option is a good idea. We used ARIS to sync the data of blueprints from ARIS software to solman .. and you will get all the business processes. You need a small adapter of ARIS in solman to sync the business processes from ARIS to solman.

I am not sure about ARIS express.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

you remember some time before I raised a query on blue print, it was we analysed we cannot sinc the ARIS Content to solman.

It is always the other way Solman to ARIS.

do you have any doc where we can sync from ARIS to solman? if any one else also please guide us,

This is the problem we are also facting right now.

Thanks.

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Sorry.. I was not aware of the ARIS discussion earlier...

Yes.. I got some documentation where you can sync ARIS to solman. You need to download some plug-ins ( some function modules) for solman from ARIS site after which you will be able to sync.

Moro ever ARIS model contains more number of steps in the hierarchy compared to solman.. So you need to map the ARIS model such a way that it fits in the project model of solman( Business scenarios,business processes and business process steps)..

Please let me know your mail id so that i can send whatever documents I have.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Ton!! My mail Id  shivjansi1@gmail.com

please send to me.

Thanks

Jansi

Pj11
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jagadish.

I would recommend you consider using the mass document upload functionality to a project with SolMan 7.1.    

Use SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for a specific project and then the menu option EDIT > FILL BUSINESS BLUEPRINT

Kind Regards,  Paul