PCo Kepware demonstration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Netweaver 7.3

SAPME 6.0.3

SAPMII 12.2

PCo 2.1

Kepware EX 5.6

We have installed PCo 2.1 and the Kepware EX 5.6 and we are getting an error when we try to execute our example agent.  We tried to keep it simple by leaving the defaults to the OPC DA 3.0 connection, but we are getting this error.  Not exactly sure what needs to be set up or if some of the prerequisite software has failed to completely install properly.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg,

The COM error you get indicates you have version issues or registry issues.

Your installation may be of order and incomplete.  Uninstall PCo and KepwareEx, then install the following in the order shown:

1. Make sure the target PC has the latest .Net Framework V3.5 SP1 and patches
  2. OPC Core Components Redistributable (X86)  Version 3.00.105.1 from: http://www.opcfoundation.org.  You will have to login or create a login with the org to download the files
  3. KepServerEx 5.6.
  4. PCo 2.1 (prefer you install 2.1.6.2 from SMP).

Hope this helps...

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done everything you asked and I still get the same error.  Is there anything else I can try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error...

13.04.2012 14:43Error.64128TestHostfailed to create ConnectivityAgentProxy[severity = Fatal] COM Exception

[Unable to decode an error code.]

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.IPCoAgentControl.Start()

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.ConnectivityAgentProxy.Start()

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.WcfHost.Start()

13.04.2012 14:43Error.74128TestServiceFaultManagerManufacturing Fault: REASON = [severity = Fatal] COM Exception

[Unable to decode an error code.]; SEVERITY = Fatal
13.04.2012 14:43Error.74128TestOpcDaAgentCOM Exception [HRESULT = -2147024809] from LegacyOpcWrapperUnable to decode an error code.

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.OpcServer.CheckResult(Int32 hr)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.DaServer.CreateGroup(String name, ValueType updateRate, ValueType timeBias, Single deadband, Boolean requiresAdvise, UInt32* revisedUpdateRate)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.Da.OpcDaAgent.CreateTagQueryGroup()

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.Da.OpcDaAgent.EstablishConnection()

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Questions: 

1.  can you browse/add tags with the PCo OPC Agent Instance?

2.  can you browse/manipulate tags with Kepware OPCQuickClient?

3. which OS are you running on?

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.  can you browse/add tags with the PCo OPC Agent Instance?

NO

Inline image 1

2.  can you browse/manipulate tags with Kepware OPCQuickClient?

YES

3. which OS are you running on?

Windows 2008 SR2

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open Control Panel -->Administrative Tools-->Services and make sure that the Net.tcp port sharing service is set to either Manual or Automatic Start, and start it if not running.

Are you running ManagementConsole As Administrator (even if you are logged in with an Admin account)?

Did you assign a Service user name to run the Agent Instance, or leave the default .\localsystem account?

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open Control Panel -->Administrative Tools-->Services and make sure that the Net.tcp port sharing service is set to either Manual or Automatic Start, and start it if not running.

Already Started and Manual

Are you running ManagementConsole As Administrator (even if you are logged in with an Admin account)?

I already  run as Administrator

Did you assign a Service user name to run the Agent Instance, or leave the default .\localsystem account?

I am using the default for now.

It doesn't seem to be a PCo issue because it connects to the OPC Kepware source.  I am thinking it has to do with a security issue or a driver issue outside of PCo.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you cannot browse and Add Subscription Items Tags for the Agent Instance, you are not connecting to the OPC Server.  What error(s) do you get when you try to browse from the Subcription items tab for the Agent Instance?

Does the server have Microsoft.Net Framework 4.0 installed?

Any additional error detail in the Event Viewer application logs?

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 3.5 framework installed as the guide suggested and there is no other error detail that is different than what I provided.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greg,

I you are certain the .Net Framewok 4.0 is not installed, then I am out of suggestions.  At this point I think you will need to log a CSS ticket to get this resolved.  Sorry I couldn't solve your problem.

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should the server have 4.0 or am I correct in having 3,5?  Not exactly sure from your previous response.  I will log a ticket ASAP.  Thanks for your help.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PCo is not compatible with .Net Framework 4.0.  If it is installed you will need to perform the following:

1. Uninstall PCo
  2. Uninstall Frameworks 4.0
  3. Uninstall Framewokrs 4.0 client profile
  4. reboot
  5. install PCo

it there are no ohter software products installed on the server other than what you listed for SAP products, then uninstalling the 4.0 Framework should not cause any issues. 

- Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I don't have 4.0 installed.  I was just asking to see if you were asking me to install it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Discovered that 4.0 was indeed installed.  I removed it and it now works fine.  Thanks!!

Answers (0)