Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP 9AMALO data source

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need to know how could i enhance 9AMALO standard data source in APO side.

I need to add APO destination location in MALO standard data source as i need to get APO destination location information against Distributed Demand order information that we have in MALO .I have haerd that APO destination loc not works correctly with Distributed Demand order KF. is it true ??

I need to pull this from APO to BW for reporting.

please explain in detail as I am new to APO-SNP area but i am aware of BW.

Also how to ehance 9AMALA data source to have Distriuted demand order KF ..

please give details,

thanks

nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

let me know if my question not clear..

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

With respect to destination location, you need to check the distribution receipt KF rather than distribution demand KF i.e.

Source Location - Distribution Demand (Planned; confirmed; TLB-confirmed etc.)

Destination Location - Distribution Receipt (Planned; confirmed; TLB-confirmed, etc.)

If you are concerned about distribution demand, there is no need to enhance the standard aggregates 9AMALO and 9AMALA as all the required key figures were already assigned to the aggregates. Please check the following screenshot for details.

The corresponding data source the feed the BW with APO data

As you see, all the required KF were not hidden and continue to support data supply to BW.

It's same even with 9AMALA.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member182537
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Rajesh,

Thanks so you mean if I need to use Distrbuted demand order KF -the value would be same in MALA and MALO in all cases ?

Also I was asking if any how we need to add APO destination location in SNP MALO data source then what is the process to do this?? please explain in detail.

Many Thanks

Nilesh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

I'm afraid tt is not possible to update the POS 9AMALO to meet your requirement.

The characteristic 9ATRNAME (APO Transportation Lane) has the following 3 navigational attributes

9ALOCFROM

9ALOCTO

9ATTYPE

Due to the nav attrib 9ALOCTO, you can see an explicit APO Destination location in 9AMALA based data source. However, SAP does not provide any customization or configuration way to update the aggregate 9AMALO even if you create your own MPOS for SNP (based out of 9ASNPBAS). It's pretty much a black box.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have a situation as described below:

We have a VMI solution where I am trying to extract data at the customer location from MALO data source, but when I test the data source it only returns values at manufacturing locations. Is it possible to extract data at customer location? (location type 1010)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naren.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

You need to use 9AMALA aggregate based data source to extract source and destination related data.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Request your expertise suggestion on the following.

Please refer to my link http://scn.sap.com/thread/3423535

The data is fetched from APO to BI using MALO and MALA datasource.

When checked the wanted fields like "distribution demand TLB confirmed" in RSA3, we find the VALUES are blank.

(Our requirement was to postponed the projected stock  (LOTS) by the shipment date based on the planning book - the malo and mala data source does not have start date or shipment date. Hence, we are referring to the material location and adding the GI time to the CALMONTH taking the avaerage day as 15 in the end routine. Later adding the TLB confirmed value for that month and deducting at a later month when the TLB confirmed is actually takes place

Unfortunately, we find that  "distribution demand TLB confirmed" in RSA3 extraction is filling blank values.

Please suggest

1. If there is any ways, we can fill the VALUES of "distribution demand TLB confirmed" in RSA3 MALO and MALA datasource extraction

2. We are referring say 15 as the day in calmonth to add to the GI time, which is expected to bring diffferent result for few months.

Any other way we can work out this scenario - We have already seen APO order detail customized data source and this is based on order number and if we want to look up on this to check the shipment data which is available, our MALO and MALA datasource does not have order number and I understand this looks into live cache, hence, the logic we had created applies to all the cal month for the material /location leading to wrong data in huge

Require your expertise suggestions.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Jerry