cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change the database type of SAP IDES?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a SAP IDES for Oracle, but I would like the database was MaxDB, I tried to install it using MaxDB but in some step of the installation, it asks for MaxDB RDBMS and I can't continue it. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to install it with MaxDB? or I have to install it with Oracle and then make the database change

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got a SAP IDES for Oracle, but I would like the database was MaxDB, I tried to install it using MaxDB but in some step of the installation, it asks for MaxDB RDBMS and I can't continue it.

You mean it asks  for the Oracle RDBMS CD I guess.

In fact if you want to install it using MaxDB then you need the IDES for MaxDB Installation CDS set.

For example, during the instalation process, sapinst checks for the CDS label. Therefore, if it was supposed to work with Oracle you can't make it work with MaxDB because it will look for the Oracle CDs set.

Moreover, the load process won't work as it is meant to work with Oracle and you'll have the MaxDB database installed.

In summation, you need the full IDES installation package for MaxDB in order to achieve what you want.

Regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve, The installer have a MaxDB option but it asks for the RDBMS. I'll install it with Oracle.

0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Once you install with a Oracle, you may use the DB migration to migrate from the Oracle to MaxDB.

This might take some time and requires more expertise. If you wish to have a MaxDB, its suggested to directly install the system on a MaxDB.

Finally, you can take the call and choose the best option.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sriram

Answers (0)