cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI supported releases

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm running PI 7.11 and ECC 6 EHP5 (with NW 7 EHP2)... & executed the initial setup configuration.

I used the wizard "PI - AS ABAP (Basic Configuration for IDoc, Proxy)" for connecting PI to ECC however, this ended in error at Step: Check SAP_BASIS Release. Exception Message: Execution of Function S_TCC_RELEASEINFO_7X ends with an error (cause:Existing component 'SAP_BASIS' with release '702' is not supported, error code:000).

1. Can we not connect PI7.11 to ECC ? Do we need to install any XI add on in ECC ? If yes, please name the component & where can I get it on swdc ?

2. The wizard is stuck at interim step.. I dont know how to rollback the changes or how to proceed from here

3. Do we have any release of PI released after PI 7.11 (such as PI 7.3 as I'm not able to find the installable on the swdc)

Please help...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd recommend that you deploy the latest LM* patches for the SP release your PI system is on i.e.

LM CONFIGURATION (LMCFG)

LM CONFIGURATION WIZARD (LMCTC)

LM TOOLS

Also ensure that all the PI components (ABAP, Java and XI) have the same SP release. See note #1381878 How/where to check the patch levels of your XI/PI system.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes you can connect PI 7.11 to ECC. You do not need to install any add-on on ECC as it is on 7.02.

2. See note #1309239 Configuration Wizard: PI NetWeaver initial setup - Question 1e and Question 1f

3. PI 7.3 is available. See note #1641199 PI 7.3 download path from SAP Service Marketplace.

Regards

Mark

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark, Thank you for response.

I had raised this to SAP who said it does not support PI 7.11 does not support 7.02... This is a newly installed system.. I'm a bit concerned here as if it does not work, I'll have to rebuild the system from scratch 😞 Need help to decode two comments & 1 query below :

1. >> SAP NetWeaver 7.1 EHP1 systems may not be included automatically in the reference landscape template (BS RL CI 2008) of SAP Solution Manager.

I have worked on Solman but not sure what is reference landscape template ? Is this referred to SMSY / SLD ?

2. >> It said that PI and ABAP system should be either SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1

or 7.1 EHP1. So 7.0 EHP2 is not supported.

My ECC is on 7.0 EHP2. Does this mean that PI 7.11 cannot connect to ECC6.05(NW7.02) "OR" does it mean that the wizard of 7.11 cannot work with NW 7.02 ?

Should I manually create the RFC / Ports / Users ?

3. Note 1641199 (https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F...)

suggests to download PI 7.3 from the NW7.3 page. ( http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Installations and Upgrades -> A - Z Index -> N -> SAP NETWEAVER-> SAP NETWEAVER 7.3 -> Installation)

.. I dont see any specific download for PI 7.3 there. I only see NW7.3 objects... please confirm ?

Thanks

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. I don't have much knowledge with regards to Sol Man.

2. It seems that the PI system must be on either 7.11 or 7.01. Your PI is currently on 7.11 so this should not pose any problems.

3. There is no separate download for PI 7.3 (this only existed for the PI 7.1* releases). PI 7.3 is part of the NetWeaver 7.3 download. Once you download the software and run SAPInst, you will see an option to install PI.

There should be no problem connecting the PI 7.11 system to the ECC 7.02 system. As you have encountered some issues with the wizard, I'd recommend that you manually check the steps have been successfully completed. Also, there are some steps that the wizard does not do, so some manual configuration is required anyway. See the links below:

1. Wizard-Based Basic Configuration - this documents the steps carried out by the wizard
  2. Basic Configuration for Connecting SAP PI and SAP ABAP Systems - this documents some the the manual steps required. 

Regards

Mark