Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when determining the inbound interface

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Scenario, where i am using Multi mapping Scenario in DEBMDM IDOC from ECC to Xml_File-1(DEBMAS) and Xml_File-2(ADRMAS).

When i Execute the Scenario by sending the IDOC from ECC , i am getting the below error.

Runtime error Error when determining the inbound interface: Inbound interface found several times (for same sender and receiver) for the outbound interface urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages.DEBMDM.DEBMDM06

Scenario Steps

1) No Condition in Interface Determination

2) 0..unbounded in Message Mapping and Operational Mapping.

3) E1KNA1 is mapped to E1KNA1

4) E1ADRMAS is mapped to E1ADRMAS

5) One Message Mapping and 1 Operational Mapping.

Thanks in Advance.

Sriram.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Scenario, where i am using Multi mapping Scenario in DEBMDM IDOC from ECC to Xml_File-1(DEBMAS) and Xml_File-2(ADRMAS).

Since your scenario makes sure that the 2 files are created, there is no need to use multi-mapping. Rather, you can use an interface determination split. To do this:

1. declare xml_file1 as service interface 1, xml_file2 as service interface 2

2. do not change target occurrence in message mapping and operation mapping, maintain it as 1..1

( 2 operation mappings)

3. in ID, add the two service interfaces in your interface determination

At runtime, it will split into two inbound interfaces.

When i Execute the Scenario by sending the IDOC from ECC , i am getting the below error.

Runtime error Error when determining the inbound interface: Inbound interface found several times (for same sender and receiver) for the outbound interface urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages.DEBMDM.DEBMDM06

Were you able to declare the 2 xml_files as two separate service interface(different names) in your operation mapping?

Hope this helps,

Mark

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I changed the settings to

1) SI_File1 and SI_File2.

2) Occurrences are changed to 1.1

3) ID is updated with 2 Operational Mappings

When i execute the Scenario, i m getting only first record in both files, not the rest of the records, since the occurrences is only1.

Let me know how do i get Each record as each file.

But My Question is When i select an Operational Mapping with 2 Service Interfaces, then i am only getting 1st Interface in Receiver Determination, but not the second Interface. So how can i get the Both in Receiver Determination.

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> Let me know how do i get Each record as each file.

Simply use occurrence: 1..unbounded, and map properly. I believe the reason for multimapping (initially) was that both files have different structures, am I right? If so, just use separate mapping for each target structure, but still with 1..unbounded.

Regards,

Greg

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I followed the same steps for 2 different Inbound Service Interfaces, same Message and Operational  Mappings. The Interface determination is also done as it is.

We need to send File1 and File2 to 2 different Paths, so we have separate channels!!, for that i need to create the Receiver Agreements. Since the Sender and Receiver is 1 and the same we will have the Receiver Determination with 2 Service interfaces under the same receiver, but no i am not getting it like that(in the image above which is of the similar interface design).

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can follow your screenshot. As you said sender and target systems are same and you specified one target system as receiver in the RD. Is that right? In your configuration overview of Receiver Determination you are looking for receiver under which two target (inbound) interfaces. There might be difference between 7.0 and 7.1 with respect to RD on this.  I dont have 7.0 access to test this. But the point here is that during pipeline processing Interface Determination decides the appropriate inbound (target) interface based on the mapping logic. Since you create two receiver agreements for each channel, the technical routing choose the right agreement and subsequent call adapter is executed. Were you able to successfully transmit the message to the required target with this design? You basically need to specify two inbound interfaces in the interface determination. Similarly two target interfaces on the target section of operation mapping. Mapping for each target structure should be there.

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an Interface Determination which is created earlier for a similar scenario,

Here we have 2 different Inbound Service Interfaces, where we have different file structures accordingly, so If we have an ID like this, we can see the Receiver Determination Like this below where we can create the Receiver Agreements.

My Question is Now, i am doing the same with the current Scenario, but i am not able to see the 2 Different Service Interfaces in Receiver Determination to configure the Receiver Agreements.

For the above ID, i m getting only First Interface in RD.

Let me know if there is any thing which is going wrong in configuration side.

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using the same target business system for both or different? I hope you are adding the both the service interfaces on the target structure in operation mapping.  If you use two different target business systems for file1 and file2 then you need to create two receiver agreements and so two receiver determination.

Here you do enhanced interface determination

You might want to check this link which has detailed screen shot

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

See Multiple Inbound Service Interfaces section.. You might need to read all the pages to understand the above said topic.

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In PI 7.0, when ever an Interface Mapping has 2 different inbound Interfaces, then when we call that in IB, we get 2 different Inbound Interfaces as shown below, but i m not able to see them now.

In the above image, you can see the an Operational Mapping with 2 different Inbound Interfaces with 1 occurences, but i could not see them in ReceiverDeterminations.

Please help me in this.

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Once again: I believe the screenshot was taken in Interface Determination object, not Receiver Determination. So it is ID, not RD, where you should see them.

Regards,

Greg

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SriRam,

Create One receiver determination and two interface determinations with its respective service interfaces and operationmapping and two receiver agreements.

Regards,
Priyanka

sriram_devarapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

But My Question is When i select an Operational Mapping with 2 Service Interfaces, then i am only getting 1st Interface in Receiver Determination, but not the second Interface. Even both the interfaces have 1 Occurrence's.

So how can i get the Both in Receiver Determination.

Thanks in Advance,

Sriram.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I understood your problem correctly, but I think you should assign both receiver interfaces in Interface Determination, not in Receiver Determination.