cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why batch determination picked the batch with insufficient supply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have three batches, BatchA=5 units, BatchB and BatchC both with 10 units respectively. However in my Sales Order with required qty=20, I saw that the Batch Determination is picking 20 units of BatchA. Why this is happening as I only have 5 units available when I checked in MMBE. Please advise. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The batch split  functionality is NOT available in the sales order. So the system confirms the quantities based on total quantity available from all batch but populates the first batch. Just remove the batch from the line item and proceed further. In the delivery you can see the system splits the total quantity into two or three items depends on from which batch it selects the quantities. Just de-activate the auto selection of batches in the sales order level to avoid the confusion.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva. Could you please advise how to de-activate the auto selection of batches in the sales order level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

Check in "VOV7" whether Sales order item category have "Auto batch determination". remove the check.

Rd's

Sanjay

Answers (0)