cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I have just completed the configuration of RAR in GRC 5.3. I have loaded all the .txt files as per the config guide but when I ran RAR for the first time the bar and pie chart remained empty and I am not sure what has gone wrong, so can anyone advise please.

I have attached a screen shot for information

Thanks

MW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You need to schedule and run some jobs, only then charts will have data.

Following documents will help you with the jobs:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1601

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1612

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

I will work through these 2 documents and let you know

Thank you

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

OK the reports have run ok, but when I checked the RAR > Configuration > Rule Upload > Generate Rules the table is blank, so can you tell me what is missing from here please

Thanks

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Have you completed uploaded the rule set ?

Please check the following doc and see you have completed all the necessary post-installation step for RAR.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1621

There are verygood documents that will help you with GRC 5.3:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/00dd6b2e-57a3-2910-8a8c-e083aed57143

When you face problem you can always post here !!

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

Thank you for all your help this is much appreciated. I will let you know.

I have also found 4 items in RAR > Configuration > Miscellaneous that have not been filled in, so can you tell me what these are for please? the items are:-

FTP Site Location

FTP Site User Name

FTP Site Password

Disable logoff

I assume that Basis should fill these item in?

What is there significance.

Also when I was uploading the text files

Thanks

MW

R3_risks.txt, R3_risks_desc.txt and  R3_Risk_Ruleset.txt I received this message

"Funkce ( BS02 ), která nemá žádnou akci, nem?že být p?i?azena k riziku

I have no idea what this means

I have just found out that the message means     Function (BS02) that no action can be p i, assignment to the risk            it is in an Easter European Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

This FTP feature is used if you are generating large security reports. The following note will explian more on this.

Note 1177010 - FTP Location for Security Reports in RAR

Reg the error check this discussion:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1626773

Regards,

Ajesh.

Message was edited by: Ajesh Raju Pujari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

I followed your link to the blog and followed the process that this person was using but it still does not work. I have had Basis sent a note to SAP.

Are you on Linkedin? Please join me.

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Redo the following Steps again and let me know if this works:

upload the Static Text, SU24 Data.

upload the files R3_function_action.txt and R3_function_permission.txt

Continue with Rule Set and upload file ALL_Ruleset.txt

Continue with Risk and upload files R3_risks.txt, R3_risks_desc.txt and R3_Risk_Ruleset.txt

Yes, I am on linkedin !!

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ajesh

Still the same result, which is

"Funkce ( BS02 ), která nemá žádnou akci, nem?že být p?i?azena k riziku"

So we are back to square 1

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

There seems to be problem with function and action mapping. Can you open the function_action file and check the Actions(T-codes) BS02 is referred to. Cross check if these actions are uploaded or not into the system.

If the actions are not found. Then you mayhave to download and upload the static text & SU24 files again.

try Uploading CC5.3_MESSAGES.txt at Configuration-->Utilities-->Import to get the error messages in english.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

OK I have uploaded all the files again and everything seems ok.

The rules are there and I get no error message but when I go to RAR - Risk Analysis BUT the pie/bar charts are still not getting populated they are still empty.

I have checked the IGS and that seems to be running ok.

But I still cannot find the problem. Any ideas??

Thanks

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Check if you have generated the rules after uploading the files. To generate, Config-->Rule Upload Generate rules.

Once generated you can goto Informer-->Management View-->Rules Library. Here you should see the charts. If not seen there there is some problem with generation of the rules.

Once the Charts are seen in Rule Library, you need to schedule the jobs as given in the document, I have shared.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

So you think that running the background jobs will populate the pie/bar chart in Informer??

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

I have run the background jobs and scheduled them to start straight away but still the pie/bar chart in Informer is empty, but in Rules Library the charts are poplulated

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Have these jobs completed successfully ?

May I know what jobs have you run?

Regards,

Ajesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

I will send you the screenshot from my private email that is if I can contact you from Linkedin.

I have raised an issue with SAP also

Regards

MW

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I guess your threads are not working. Make sure the threads are running by checking the table virsa_cc_thread.

If you do not find, then you need to check if you have 105,106,107 entries. These three entries are needed if you are post SP12.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

Thank you for getting back to me. How do you check the threads as I am not sure where to find them? is this a Basis function?

How do you add entries 105,106 107?

We have  SP18 or SP19 but I am not sure, but I do know we have the latest ones as we have just completed a patching cycle so all is up to date

Regards

Mark

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

you can simply check here.

http://host:portsap/CCADStatus.jsp.

If it is idle, then none of the jobs are picking. If you do not see any threads running, there is some issue in starting threads. As you are in SP18, you don;t need to maintain those values.

Thanks

Prem

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

This link does not work. I had a look at the SAP note 999785 but as we are on 5.3 and SP18 this is config is not needed

Regards

MW

premb
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

yes. it is not needed. But you need to check if the threads are started. Use this,

http://hostname:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~ccappcomp/CCDebugger

enter the below slq query and you can click execute query.

SELECT * FROM VIRSA_CC_THREAD

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

OK I will get the Basis team to check this

Thank you

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

I have looked in the background job history and some are ready most are complete. Can we force the background jobs to run now??

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Depending on the how many roles, rule, risks, you have. It will take time for the jobs to complete. As this is initial you might have run for all, it will take time. You can schedule these to run regularly as incremental which will take less time to complete.

Wait till the jobs get completed and see.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

OK I will do that.

I have looked in the "background job history" and there are 215 jobs in the "Ready" state so these have not run yet. So I guess we will just have to wait

Thanks you

Regards

MW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

There shouldnt be so many jobs in ready State !!

Try posting a screenshot.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh

I have tried to upload the screenshot but the system will not let me

Regards

MW