Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem regarding weights and volumes at outbound delivery level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a problem regarding weights and volumes at outbound delivery level

Scenario: (Please note that we are using IS-AFS)

As per our business process at the tine of sales order (MTO) creation we will not know the weights and volumes of a particular material and so will not update  the same at material master.

Since it's a MTO process after manufacturing the material will come to know and update the weights at material master level.

At the time of outbound delivery creation after packing total weight/item level weights are not getting updated

I know that weights will not be updated at outbound delivery level if they are not updated either before creating the sales order at material master level nor at sales document item level itself before creating the outbound delivery.

As of now since business is having shipment document suggested them to see the gross weight&volume of a particular shipment, but they would like to ratify/see the total gross weight, net weight and volume of a particular delivery.At the invoice level since we are pulling the data from material masters no problem regarding the same.

Please note that since we are using IS-AFS, at item level (Ex: TAN) weights and volumes check box is activated.

Help me out if any solution is available.

Thanks in advance

A.Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your copy rules from SO to delivery (tcode VTAL) for the item that you are using. The usual subroutine (VOFM) is 101 where you have this coding:

* Weight
  lips-ntgew = cvbap-ntgew.
  lips-brgew = cvbap-brgew.

So, search in your IS system if you have any VOFM subroutine suitable for your requirement. Other idea is manage it with an incompletion procedure for the delivery (see tcode OVA2)

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you so much for your helpful answer, with your input got an idea to develop new routine as per our requirement.

I will check with my ABAPers for the same.

Regards

A.Anil

Answers (0)