cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Solution Manager system ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY for upgrading your BI from 7.0 to 7.3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Is Solution Manager system ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY for upgrading your BI from 7.0 to 7.3.

we currently dont have the solman system in place. It may take a months time to get the solman system up and running.

But we need to upgrade the NW (BI) 7.0  to NW (BI) 7.3 SPS05.

We currently have the Upgrade Media. But we need the SPS 05 files as well as the XML Stack file which the upgrade program needs.

But I could not find the NW 7.3 SPS 05 media from SMP. It seems that you have to have the SOLMAN system (MOPZ) to download SPS05.

Hence request to share your experience..

(Hoping that there should be someone, who faced the similar problem.)

Thanks & Best Regards

Ragunathan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghunath,

Yes for any upgrade you need to have solution manager. With out solution manager u can not approve patches and cant generate stack.xml file.

0 Kudos

Hi Ragunatan,

Firstly, Support packages that are released as of March 2008, you need a solution manager to approve the packages for download.

In you case, this is an upgrade to NW 7.3. In this case you need the solution manager system and

connect your existing system using SMSY and then generate the xml file.

The only way to generate the xml file for this upgrade is using the Solution Manager.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need SSM to download the files required for the upgrade, as well as the upgrade key which can only be generated on a Solution Manager!

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even thought Im not a huge fan of Solution manager myself it has been around for ages now, theres no excuse not to have yours up and running.

You not only need the SP stack but the XML file required for the upgrade is created by MOPZ.

I don't know if its possible to get SAP via OSS messages to approve the SP's and send the XML.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I feel you should have the SAP solution Manager Mompz to download the NW 7.3 support pack files... Even if when you try in SMP, it will display a message saying " Download it from Mompz".

Thanks,

Jagadish.