cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation stopped while start instance in 'SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.02 SP9 64-bit Trial'

former_member216748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

While I was installing 'SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.02 SP9 64-bit Trial'

A error message box appeared.

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Instance NSP/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: UNKNOWN] did not start after 10:00  minutes. Giving up.).

You can now :

• Choose retry to repeat at the current step.
  • Choose log files to get more information about the error.
  • Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL.

Attachment - screenshot

Please suggest me to fix this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issues I had installing the Developer / Trial Editions, that caused similar errors during the Start Instance phase of SAPINST were:

• Insufficient Windows Paging file size - I generally set it to at least 20GB  (which is probably too much,  but I don't have any problems now) - After resetting on your system, restart windows, then restart sapinst.
  • For some cases of the Developer / Trial Editions, the MaxDB services are not installed as Automatic services; There's four of them, so go into services.msc, modify them accordingly, start all four (some of them will stop almost immeadiately), then restart sapinst.

hth

former_member216748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am late to your response,

Actually i was formatting my hard drive to extent Paging file size, that is the reason i got delayed.

Your suggestions are perfect, Now my installation has completed successfully by extending the

paging file to 20GB.

I created BCUSER in client 000 with SAP_ALL using DDIC user.

Now after i log in to BCUSER in client 000,

When i am creating Z - Objects in SE38 it is asking access key, so i gave 29671482393151224771 it says this is not correct, again i gave 07222097363139263004 but still it says this is not correct.

Please suggest me to solve this issue.

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

1) try client 001 - this is the equivalent to the production client

2) Make sure that there is only one license entry showing in the SLICENSE transaction. Some people have mentioned that correcting this fixed problems on earlier releases of the Trial / Developer Editions.

hth

former_member216748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I cant understand what you are saying,

First i have to login using 001,

I have seen there is only one licence entry, later how to fix this issue.

Please suggest me.

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kris nh wrote:

I created BCUSER in client 000 with SAP_ALL using DDIC user.

Now after i log in to BCUSER in client 000,

Instead of using Client 000 to develop you Z* code, try using client 001, and see whether the Developer Keys work there.

hth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

screen do not show the error.

check the status through SAP MMC , wait till it starts then click retry. you can also try to start it by yourself through SAP mmc , then retry.

former_member216748
Participant
0 Kudos

Mr. Semmary thanks for the suggestion,

But when i am trying to start my SAP MMC, the NSP remains in yellow color state only,,,

So what should I do now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

open mmc point to process list , check if any one is gray of its just yellow. if its just yellow try to logon to system through SAPgui.

go down to ABAP WP Table , check if the work process is their or not.

former_member216748
Participant
0 Kudos

In SAP MMC process list has two items

• msg_server.EXE (Green in color, with running status)
  • disp+work.EXE (Grey in color, with stopped status)

Coming down to AS ABAP WP Table displays (There are no items to show in this view).

Please suggest me for further process.