Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

the prerequisite for price validation is to activate the function "Validate Product Data from SAP Enterprise Buyer" by setting a flag in the checkbox in the Webservice details.

The other function "Activate SC Item Price Check From Catalog" has been introduced to check, if the catalog price has been changed in the shopping cart, and is triggered by clicking on the Order button. This function is not thought to change the price, only to raise a message, if the price has been changed.

So, if you want to update the price of the Old Shopping Cart, you will have to activate the first function "Validate Product Data from SAP Enterprise Buyer". If you have connection error during SC creation after activating this function, please see SAP notes 1456659, 1553735, 1578934. If you cannot resolve the connection issue, please raise an OSS message.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks for your reply.

As per SAP Note 1553735,CV_PROXY_USER & CV_PROXY_password need to be maintained in Step10.But,which user and password we need to maintain.Please check and advise.Not working when we maintained as per the example in SAP Note.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Activating the function "Validate Product Data from SAP Enterprise Buyer" in webservice helped to get the updated price in Old shopping cart.The catalog connection was solved after implementing a SAPNOTE.

But,the issue is when the SC created with reference to Old SC/Templates and ordered .In between, the Price in MDM Catalog for the ordered item is again changed and when the approver tries to submit we are the getting the error message as below screenshot "Item price in SC has been modified when compared to catalog item price". and not allowing the approver to accept or reject the SC.

Please advise.

Regards

Sunil

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

this is the result of having flagged the option  "Activate SC Item Price Check From Catalog".

I you don't need this check, you can deactivate it by removing the flag in the customizing.

But maybe it's better to just change the error message to warning, so that it will not lock the document from further processing. For detailed steps see note 1576457.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks for your continuous support.

We are able to resolve the issue.Need your support on Recalculate multiplies price by quantity.

Change in quantity changes unit price also before transferring to SC

Change the quantity to 3 and click on recalculate. Unit price also changes which is an issue

so here when i am selecting 3 as quantity, price information got changed(which should not happened), also total price should be 21 not 63.

here in our case when item type is purc or cost other than standard item type is selected, then above error is coming ,for standard item type(like BOM, N) its showing right values.

Regards

Sunil Kumar

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

glad to help you! I think the original question has been answered, so you could award me the prize of the correct answer 😉

Regarding the price being changed, it is caused by the custom item type. SAP takes the responsibility only for the standard item types, custom Item types are not supported. I'm afraid, I cannot help here further, if you still want to use the custom item types. Maybe try to recreate these item types by copying a standard one...

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks for your support,We are stil facing issue with the price change scenerios.

Requestor creates SC with Zero price and orders it,which will go to buyer inbox.We have changed the price from zero to non zero value in MDM and the buyer inbox stil the old zero price is reflected and when the buyer  changes the price to non zero value system allows him to submit for next approval.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Regards
Sunil

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

the price recheck is triggered by clicking on the Order button. Once the SC is ordered, change in the catalog will not have any effect.

Regards,

Timea

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Call str of that Catalog the Indicator Validate Product Data from SAP Enterprise Buyer should be check

This will validate the item and its price from the catalog

Regards

Trinath

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the define webservices- go to -- your webservice id - details.

flag- activate SC item price check from catalog.

the above settings helps for example it check updated price from the catalog.

let us see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SC item price check from catalog chec box is used to check the latest price.But,our requirement is the updated price in MDM should reflect in old shopping cart also.

Please advise

Regards

Sunil

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The mentioned configuration will not allow to create a purchase order and this sc item will validate with the updated catalog price.

It throws error message "item price has been modified when compared to catalog price.

I will check and let you know

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard SAP behavior is that when you order a old shopping cart template and it must pick the updated price from the catalog. I have tested.

if you face this issue. you can raise OSS message.

Muthuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for your reply.

"The standard SAP behavior is that when you order a old shopping cart template and it must pick the updated price from the catalog. I have tested."

Can you please share the configurations which is maintained so that i can check from my end for any mismatch.

Regards

Sunil

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is SAP standard behavior .

In the define webservices- go to -- your webservice id - details.

flag- activate SC item price check from catalog.

Contact SAP if old shopping carts are not picking up the UPDATED CATALOG price.

Muthu

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer SAP Note: Note 1322009 - Validate function for Catalog if it works for you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your reply.

we are using List Price in MDM catalog.

When we check the  "Validate Product Data from SAP Enterprise Buyer".we are unable to add items from Old SC,system Throws error

Catalog Connection Failed

Items in template contain errors, only correct items are transferred

Please check and advise.

Also,please let me know more about NEW_ITEM-EXT_PRODUCT_ID in MDM

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any Replies

Regards

Sunil