Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection for replacement material

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where i will receive material from vendor, after doing GRN my material will come to quality inspection stock. I will do result recording and will find that the material is not workable and will send it to blocked stock. Now for that material which is in blocked i will receive replacement from vendor for which i dont want to do GRN and want to do quality inspection for the new lot i have received.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is that how system will understnad that received lot is "replacement lot" ..

In such cases it better to handle such senario outside SAP ,without making any entry in SAP bring material to factory-in -->make challan for new material entry-->on the same challan make factory-out for replaced faulty material.Then remove replaced material from block to unrestricted.

But problem here is that ,as there is no entry in SAP how will you identify the cost associated with this.

Best option is to do Return delivery ( 122 ) of first lot and then receive fresh lot stock & do fresh GR.This will help you keed FICO documents well inplace & in system.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure you run your final solution past ALL your various groups. Finance, Purchasing, QM, Inventory Management, PP, etc... I'd be surprised if all those groups would be happy with the solution your requesting here.  Id' be very surprised and some what disappointed if a quality manager would be satisfied with it.  Unless of course we are missing some details concerning the type of material or your business.  But as a general policy across the board for all material replacements I don't think it is a great idea.

What you are looking for is clearly not best practice.  As Sujit indicated the proper process is to process the return, and receipt in the replacement material as a new receipt and inspect as such.

Why would you not inspect a replacement material?  How do you know they aren't shipping you more of the same, already failed, batch of material?  How do you know the replacement batch is good?  If I was a vendor and I figured out what you were doing, you can bet I'd be shipping you the most marginal material I had as replacement material because I'd know you weren't inspecting it.

FF

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fire Fighter,

I am not saying i will not inspect the replacement material. I will do which is my requirement also but I am just saying that i dont want to go GRN of the replacement received which is the requirement of the user as they want to receive the replacement with the same invoice.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A quick search found these threads that cover your issue of doing the returns using the same invoice.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1928578

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2006804

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39044647/Return-Delivery

I would think that one of these would address your situation.

Sorry for misinterpreting the original post!

FF

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank Sujit, Smruti & Sachin.

My issue here is i don't want to do GRN for the new lot received but want to do quality inspection again. But as Sujit said take the blocked stock to unrestricted but i am thinking can i send it manually to quality from blocked and generate quality lot.

Will it help?

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can activate 08 inspection type for the material and do a 349 movement once you receive the replacement material. System ll generate the inspection lot of 08 insp type. then you can do the inspection and take UD.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes after you received replaceemnt you can do Mb1b-->349 .Make sure that you activate 08 inspection type for the same ,so that you can take UD & do stock posting of newly created lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Won't there be any record for the material which you are recieving as a replacement in terms of inventory? Then in that case, you can just create manual inspection lot with origin 89 - usage "3".

Then what if the replacement materials again fails in quality?

Better idea would be to recieve the material through GR & reject whatever is failing through return delivery mvmt 122.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

If you do not want to do GRN the system ll not generate inspection lot. SO you can activate 89 inspection type for the material and you can trigger a manual inspection lot for the material vendor and complete the inspection. In the short text you can mention the details of the replaced lot details.

Regards,

Smruti