cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Billing Plan net value is 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created 3 line items and i am doing billing plan at header level .

Item 1 = 10

item 2 = 20

item 3 = 30

Net value = 60

Now the issue is i dont want to run billing plan line by line . i want to do it at header level (Milestone billing). I have assigned milestone at header level as well. When i click on header then select billing plan i get net value = 0

I am doing Ek02 for each line item and profit margin at header level. How to solve this issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have enabled the MS billing only at the item level. You cannot do MS billing at header level.

If you have enabled the billing at header level, check in VOV8 for the document type. The billing plan type field in Billing area should have the  name of the billing plan. But in your case, it will be empty.

On the other hand, you will have the Billing Plan type will be enabled at item category level in VOV7. This indicates that BP is enabled only at item level and not at header level.

In this case, the header billing plan will be always 0. Item billing plans will have the values as  you are seeing.

I dont see anything wrong here. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha

Thanks for the reply. I have already enabled BP on header level not on item level.

My net value on main screen shows 60. but when i go to header billing plan i get net value 0. I also tried to do it manually but got this error

The system cannot determine the percentage for date 12.04.2012 Message no. V2048  Diagnosis The system cannot determine the percentage rate for this date.  Procedure Check the net value of the item.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please update the Billing dates and values (amount or % based on billing rule) at the item level and check if it is getting cumulated at the header. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i dont want to do it on every line item . Sometimes we get 50 to 60 line items its not possible for a client to run billing plan on every line item. I am running 2 condition types on EK02 on Item level and Profit margin on header level.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the OSS note 1652491 answer for the question 10. This tells all about milestone and header  billing plan.!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

10. Question: Is this function also supported with a header billing plan?

Answer: Due to the special function for billing plans with milestones, the link of project milestones to header billing plan dates is not designed and correct processing is not possible as a result

Now kindly suggest me i have 50 line items with  net price of  = 2223450 how will i do billing plan . am i suppose to do it line by line till 50 or what please suggest .

Best Regards

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are 50 items, all these items should have the Milestones coming from WBS elements or Networks from Project systems. You cannot put milestones manually for every item.

You should work closely with your PS consultant to work on the Milestones which need to be enabled in PS, maintain their percentages etc and then in your SO, the billing dates and billing values will be automatically updated based on ur net value.

You have long way to go.!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. Last thing i need to ask What if someone is not running WBS/PS and wanted to run Header billing plan then what will be the configuration .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member641905
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The reason is that you missed the configuration in VOV7, and in that configuration page, Billing Relevance should be set as 'I', Billing Plan Type maintained set according to your customizing.

Hope I works to your configuraiton.

Best Regards!