cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM icon next to field, but value in dashboard or excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to assign an icon to a field, but still want to have the value of the field in the dashboard, so I can later export an excel and work with the values. Just having the values in the excel and still having the icons in the dashboard would therefore do as well.

Does anybody know if this is at all possible?

I'll attach a screenshot on how it should look on the item. In the dashboard or excel it should therefore just read 'Green', 'Red' or 'Yellow' and not have the little picture.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please do the configuration as below to add icon to the custom field:

1. SPRO->Global Customizing->Global Field Settings->Define Custom field Config

2. SPRO->Global Customizing->Portfolio Independent settings->Define Object field Icons

3. SPRO->Global Customizing->Define object header & portfolio structure.

Also please refer standard field "status" for the same.

Thanks,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I have a requirement to have some icons linked to some fields for items. Could you teach me how to include icons to custom fields? Did you manage to include this icons in dashboard?

Thanks,

CAMILO URIBE

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cristian,

If I am not wrong I think you need create a field only for the icon and configure it in PPM - Field configuration  with service "icon enabled".

Also you need to develop the logic field --> icon field.

Not sure, it is possible someone has another idea.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am starting my discussion with this thread as is more related and still unanswered.

This is related to including icons in the item dasbhoard along with base fields. In this case, I am trying to include ‘Status’ and its related icon in the item dashboard.

I attempted to accomplish this by configuration to ‘Define fields for Dashboard’.

On search, I did not find Status Icon in the list of allowed dashboard fields. List only included the following:

1. PRIORITY_ICON
  2. RISK_ICON
  3. PHASE_ICON
  4. BUDGET_ICON
  5. SCHEDULE_ICON
  6. STAFFING_ICON
  7. ACT_DECPT_STAT_ICON
  8. RISK_D_ICON

On further check I obsersed that this exactly corresponds to list of fields to which service ‘000000000000010 – Icon Enabled’ is defined in the configuration option ‘Check SAP Field Configuration’.

I though of replicating this for Status. However, as status is already included in this list with service ‘000000000000011 – Status Management’ I defined service ‘000000000000010 – Icon Enabled’ to field ‘Status’ in the configuration option ‘Define Custom Field Configuration’.

Unfortunately, this did not work.

Have any of you realized this requirement successfully in the way I tried or some other way ?

Thanks in advance

SrEeNi