cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of 'Checking Horizon GR'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

In the Check Control, there is a field called 'Checking Horizon GR'. From F1 help I am not able to understand the use of this settings. Kindly help me to understand it with some example, like my check horizon is 10 days and here in 'Checking Horizon GR' I entered 5 days. So how PAC will behave in case of missing parts (I assume this horizon comes into picture only for missing part?)?

In case more details are required, please do let me know.

Thank you.

Regards

Rinju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

Checking Horizon (t.code /SAPAPO/MAT1 - ATP tab)

If your checking horizon is 10 days, the time interval will be current date + 10 days in which product availability checks will be carried out.

Checking Horizon GR (SPRO - Check Control settings)

If your CH: GR is 5 days, it will further increase the time interval by 5 more days if there is a shortfall.

Let's go in to the details with an example. I procure product A from a vendor and sell to my customer. Assume my scope of PAC is restricted to stock only. A sales order is created today (i.e. 4/13/2012) for a quantity of 50 with required delivery date as 4/28/2012 . However, I have only 40 pieces in stock as of today. But, I am expecting a  delivery of 50 pieces from my vendor on 4/24/2012 and my GR processing duration is1 day. So, I can have these 50 pieces in my stock on 4/25/2012.

With just location product master's checking horizon, the PAC would have recognized only 40 pieces and would not have confirmed the order in full. If I use the checking horizon GR as well, then I have another 5 more days to extend the check and it would have recognized the delivery of 50 pieces and would have confirmed the order in full i.e. order quantity 50 pieces and delivery date 4/28/2012.

I hope this very basic example will be helpful to you.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thank you very much for the detailed explaination. It explains the use of this field.

Thanks again.

Regards

Rinju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rinju,

The F1 help shows this:

Checking horizon for missing parts at goods receipts

The check horizon determines how many days in the future will be checked for
the goods receipt posting in Inventory Management, and if a shortfall exists for
the product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In the SAP Help I found this:

When posting goods receipts in Inventory Management, the checking horizon GR determines how far into the future (how many days) a check for shortfall quantities is carried out after the expiration of the checking horizon. For this to be carried out, you must configure the check using the checking horizon. You must activate the checking horizon first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I never came across a customer using this setting...so I'm wondering if you might need this ? If not, just ignore the setting.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

As I mentioned, i already referred the F1 help and also the SAP Help but I could not able to understand the use of this field. I am acutally looking for otherway round, if I know this use of this field, then may be I can use it in my project where such requirement can come. As I do not know about this field, so even if requirement comes, I will not be able to suggest this field to use.

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Rinju