cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD agent does'nt connect to the system.

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with Solman 7.1 (SID RSA). I am facing the problem of SMD agent connection. The SMD agent on that system i.e Solman 7.1 (SID RSA) is not connecting in the step 6.3 in the system preparation in "Solution Manager Configuration" workcenter. When I select the agent and press connect I get the following msg.

"Writing data to SLD entsapmdm.india.tcs.com using user SLDDSUSER. Agent entsapmdm will connect to Solman"

but the agent is not connected to the system. I get a yellow triangle status and message "Agent Registration Failed (connection reused by managing system"

It is the agent on solman so it itself is the managing system.

Also in the managed system configuration when I configure the ABAP and JAVA stacks of the Solman(SID RSA) to itself I am facing the same problem. The message says that the writing data to SLD and the agent will be connected to the managed system but it does not get connected.

Can anybody suggest any solution to this problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During installation, in DAA installation section, do you point the SLD to your solman SLD and connect using either message server 81XX or P4 port?

I would advise you to register again either using smdsetup or  uninstall and reinstall the DAA agent.

refer to below:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

I am connecting it to the P4 port.

What I want to know is that is it recommended to have 2 SMD agent with same SID and instance number?

Regards,

Vishal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In regards to the most recent comments, you most likely entered an incorrect SLD connection property during the original installation that is causing the DAA agent to not  attach to RSA.

You should run this program from /usr/sap/DAA/SMDAgent/script

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"sapms://<RSA hostname>" port:"<J2EEMS HTTP Port>" [optional user:"<...>" pwd:"<...>"]

The J2EEMS HTTP Port is your j2ee message server port NOT the abap port so keep that in mind and I would recommend including the user and pwd parameters just in case those changed during your SLD related steps of SOLMAN_SETUP

Don't forgot to check your DAA logs under the work directory as well to see if that gives you any additional information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just follow the steps in the http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

It should fix the issue.

Regarding 2SMD agent with the same SID and Same Instance number also posible, solution manager counts only the HOST NAME where you installed the SMD agent.

you can give same sid DAA and Sys number 98 any number of managed system which is running on different host,

Thanks.

Jansi

former_member184806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with E2E trace analysis. When I go to the RCA workcenter and try to run  the trace I get the error

"Access to Landscape API failed: Access to Landscape API failed: Cannot retrieve the predecessor of the Software Component Version 'Software Component Version: id=01200314690200004060, name=SAP BASIS 7.00, version=700, cv_ppms_id=01200314690200004060, sp_level=16, creation_date=Fri Jul 15 13:26:41 IST 2011'!. Check location com.sap.sup.admin.e2e.trace.wd in defaultTrace for details."

do you have any idea about this.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which port are you connecting to is it P4 or message server ?

you can try to run the command

./smdsetup.sh managingconf .............

to reconnect from OS level itself.

Regards,

Kaustubh.