Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to delete a query from a role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo gurus,

Iam trying to delete a query from a role in BEX, but iam facing authorization issue while deleting the query fromt the role.

not able to identify the auth object required to delete the query from the role.

steps followed:

RRMX - Queries- Roles - select the queries under the role - > click on delete - > select "delete only the object reference form the role/favorites".

and the result is an no authorization message.

i tried keeping the trace ON to identify the object, but nothing is logging in the trace.

Please help me in identidying the authorization object required for deleting the query from role.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,Ajesh,

thanks for the reply, for deleting the query some other value other than RRMX is required in S_USER_TCD authorization object, does any body know the value to be added in this object to provide access to delete the query in role ?

i still cannot see the trace , i have switched on the trace ST01 - checked authorization trace and mentioned the user name in general filters and switched on the trace.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanketh,

Just delete it from the PFCG Menu.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh,

I was able to delete the query from the role, but some of the business users want to delete the query from the role through BEX as they will not be having authorization to PFCG.

do you know how to troubleshoot BW authorizations ? as ST01 trace is not working for actions  done in BEX.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

0 Kudos

Hi Sanketh,

ST01 is application server specific so make sure you switch it on in the correct application server (assuming your system might have multiple) after verifying the user's active session via AL08. For deletion of query from role, authorization objects required should be S_USER_TCD and S_USER_AGR.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Sanketh,

Please check the activities given (Should have 06) in S_RS_COMP & S_RS_COMP1 of the User. The error should showup in ST01 as you are not inside query, check the application server on which you are executing ST01 and the user, both should be same.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan,Ajesh,

thanks for the reply, for deleting the query some other value other than RRMX is required in S_USER_TCD authorization object, does any body know the value to be added in this object to provide access to delete the query in role ?

i still cannot see the trace , i have switched on the trace ST01 - checked authorization trace and mentioned the user name in general filters and switched on the trace.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the users in questions do not have access to PFCG then you can put transactions as "*" in S_USER_TCD with ACTVT=06,02. Please ensure delete/change activities for S_USER_AGR object as well. Regarding the ST01 trace, I would like to re-iterate Ajesh and my earlier comment to verify that the user deleting the query is on the same application server in which you are recording the trace.

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

thanks for the quick solution , issue got reolved.

I have maintained "8" in TCD in auth object S_USER_TCD.

Thanks,Sanketh.

0 Kudos

I have maintained "*" in TCD in auth object S_USER_TCD.

Thanks,Sanketh.

0 Kudos

Wonder why it didnt showup in ST01 !!

Regards,

Ajesh.