cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed Data Migration Approach

0 Kudos

Dear TM experts,

I need some documentaion on TM DM ( Data Migration) approach.

I know few of the master data can be transfered using CIF from ERP and few of the BAPI's are also available in TM .

Can we use LSMW or BDC in TM 8.0 or TM 9.0? Is there any other way to upload resources / equipments / agreements/ calculations sheets/ rate tables in TM ?

I have developed few of the applications using BAPI, you can contact me for that .

Thanks.

With Regards, Saurabh T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

Thanks for reaching out to the Customer Solution Adoption as well as the SDN forum. I will try to give some input here since there is a bigger audience.

I did some quick research on Service Marketplace for an upgrade guide but didn't see one. Checking the master guide points you to various SAP notes and some do talk slightly on upgrade and migration. From being involved in TM discussions, you can CIF over some ERP master data while some of the TM master data (zones, etc.) needs to be entered into the new TM system. I haven't heard of either LSMW or BDC being used. Maybe someone else can comment on using them for TM migration/upgrade. If I remember correctly there is a new feature in 9.0 for exporting/importing calc sheet data using Excel.

Hope it helps,

Kevin