cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization and Client Settings in PI

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm having NW PI 7.11 based system with ERP6, all on DB2.

Need some clarification for :

1. Are there any standard authorizations that should be assigned to the developer.

2. What client settings / role should be set in scc4 for default ABAP client.

3. I'm running my SLD on SOLMAN.. I dont have a local PI SLD.. I am not sure if I need the PISUPER user on the Solman ?

4. Do we allow developers to access the SLD ? for updating newly created PI z-developments etc ? If yes, do we create an additional ID or provide him with PISUPER password ?

Kindly assist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like most are basis questions but i have not worked in basis, but let me see what i can help with.

1. Are there any standard authorizations that should be assigned to the developer.

Try with these roles:

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_ABAP

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

2. What client settings / role should be set in scc4 for default ABAP client.

Though not sure what default ABAP client exactly means. If default ABAP client means the client in which the users should be logging in and working and testing their scenarios, then the role of that client should be Integration Server and the client should not be 001 (as i think it is system copy client 001).

3. I'm running my SLD on SOLMAN.. I dont have a local PI SLD.. I am not sure if I need the PISUPER user on the Solman ?

Not necessary. Any user in SOLMAN will do but it should have role SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR to do changes in SLD.

4. Do we allow developers to access the SLD ? for updating newly created PI z-developments etc ? If yes, do we create an additional ID or provide him with PISUPER password ?

It depends - sometimes developers are given sld access, sometimes only basis team maintains sld. But do not provide PISUPER password to developers, instead if needed, then create ids for developers in SOLMAN and provide their passwords to developers.

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.. this resolves most queries.. except below:

1. What client settings / role should be set in scc4 for default ABAP client.

Though not sure what default ABAP client exactly means. If default ABAP client means the client in which the users should be logging in and working and testing their scenarios, then the role of that client should be Integration Server and the client should not be 001 (as i think it is system copy client 001).

Default as in the client that has all the users and where configuration is done.. (Yes, it is a copy of 001). If we go to scc4 transaction and double click on your default client (100 generally), what settings do we maintain in the following:

Client role: Customizing ?

Changes & Transport of client specific objects: Automatic recording of changes

Changes to repo & cross client allowed.

2. Is CTS+ be configured for PI ABAP+JAVA for transporting across the landscape, please confirm ?

3. Is it ok to have TREX on PI Box ? Is it memory intensive / requires large storage ? Is it used for anything more than monitoring messages ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

good to know it was slightly helpful, even though i not being a basis consultant

Default as in the client that has all the users and where configuration is done.. (Yes, it is a copy of 001). If we go to scc4 transaction and double click on your default client (100 generally), what settings do we maintain in the following:

Client role: Customizing ? - I think Yes.

Changes & Transport of client specific objects: Automatic recording of changes - I think Yes

Changes to repo & cross client allowed. - I think Yes

2. Is CTS+ be configured for PI ABAP+JAVA for transporting across the landscape, please confirm ? - Yes.

3. Is it ok to have TREX on PI Box ? Is it memory intensive / requires large storage ? Is it used for anything more than monitoring messages ? - You can have TREX on PI box, though i have not seen TREX on many PI systems. TREX is used for searching messages in PI system based on some selection criteria - i think TREX does indexing on msg data in the tables, so enables faster retrieving of messages on searching msgs in PI system.