cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting APS Server Restarts

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are having an issue in which SAP says we have to restart our APS Servers everday.  Does anyone know of a way to script this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mary,

I know you can use Windows scripting / Scheduling tool to START & STOP the SIA that manages ALL the services.   If you are experiencing JAVA related leeks, you may want to use Windows Scheduling to START and STOP both Tomcat & SIA. 

Regards,

Ajay

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry Anne, but if you are having to do this then either:

a) you're not using the new JCo3.0.8 which is delivered in either Patch2.12 or FP03

(see note 1660156 - BI 4.0 - WebI BICS - Error: << SQL generation failed while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ip.bi.base.application.service.rfcproxy.IRfcFunction.getImportingParameters() of an object loaded from local variable 'function' >>)

b) you haven't distributed and sized/tuned your Adaptive Processing servers

(see note 1694041 - BI 4.0 Consulting:- How to size the Adaptive Processing Server)

One is a middlware bug, one is about designing a reliable system architecture,  so a script would be masking the issue, not resolving anything.

I feel very passionately about this. I face customers with undersized / suboptimal systems everyday, and it makes troubleshooting almost impossible.

Regards,
H

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP is telling us to do this to fix a known problem with Corba that will not be fixed until SP04. 

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, so you've fully implemented the above recommendations?

What's yourOSS number plesae?

regards,

H

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure about the first solution, but the second yes.  SAP was even involved in sizing our APS.  The  Corba message number is 306316.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, thanks.

Let me assure you: those 2 streams (fixes and tuning) are dependant on each other. Please follow up. You might want to revisit the recommended architecture and settings.. it really depends when that advice was brought to you.

I'm afraid the assurances you've been given from Support on that OSS are false.

The attached note to your message "1648374 - Unable to create a Webi report "CORBA error while communicating with the SL Service (WIS 00000)" is raised after choosing the connection to the Bex query in Webi BI 4.0"   ...  has been withdrawn, with statement: << This issue will not be fixed. The ADAPT being has been closed as deprecated. >>

I would strongly recommend that you contact your support engineer.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry - Do you know if there was any resolution to this error? We have the same problem.  SAP recommended we go to SP4 patch 5, but the issue still exists.