cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Print Program - changed to PDF, print works, can't fax.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We copied the standard RVADOR01 into ZRVADOR01 and put a new entry point in NACE pointing to my new form routine.

I created a new PDF and everything works fine for Print / Print Preview, but I can't seem to get the fax to work (With the standard program / Sapscript, I get an entry in SOST when RSNAST00 runs) .

Initially, I was getting an error that my Form routine didn't exist - but I solved that by setting my return code = 0.

But I don't get the SOST entry after I've re-directed the NACE output to my new Z-program calling my PDF.

Should the print program handle the faxing? Or, since I changed to PDF from SAPScript, do I have to code for that?

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could check your NACE settings for processing routines - FAX. Typos can cause the most frustrating problems.

I haven't tried this myself but I'd also check your settings in txn: SCOT - Settings - Device types for Format Conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks... just fixed it. it turns out that I was working on a set of assumptions + incomplete code.

I didn't realize that, although all I was simply substituting my new PDF for the standard SAPScript, I would still have to write the fax output code.

So, I added code to send the fax out using class  cl_document_bc.

The last thing I forgot, which was my big problem,  was I left off the method call to actually SEND the fax out!

I had created the document, attached the PDF, inserted the receiver and sender info, but forgot to actually send the doc 

Answers (0)