Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scc8 target system

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert:

on SCC8, I 'd like to copy only customizing so I choose profile-SAP_CUST.

1.what is target system ? is this source system for my export client?

now i have only one SAP system  ie. MNP

2.copy mode = delete and recreate

is the system will delete data from my MNP (source)? too?

please advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

I understand that you need to do a client copy using export - import method. And you mention that you have only one MNP system.

Please let me know the source and target systems. Are they the same.

If they are the same, you could use a much simpler option of system copy - 'Local Client Copy' using transaction 'SCCL'

If the source and the target systems are different, you could use the export (SCC8) and import (STMS and SCC7).

In SCC8, the target system means the system to which you need the data from this system MNP.

Please let me know if my understanding and I hope this solves the issue.

Regards,

Sriram

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram:

yes, exactly. I have only one MNP system and I like to export my configuration.

I try SCC8 but no transport request generated at all on /usr/sap/trans/data ???

I have try SCCL , but it seems to me like system is going to create new client from my source client which is not my purpose.

Please help again.

0 Kudos

Dear Mandy,

Thank you for the confirmation. Now, I understand that you have only one system MNP.

For a client copy you need the source and the target (system or client).

Since you have only one system MNP, now the question here is from which client to which client do you need the client copy.

1. Do you want to create a new client (A) and copy an existing client (B)  ?

2. Do you want to copy the existing client (X) to another existing client (Y)  ?

If it is option 2, then the client (Y) will be overwritten by the data of client (X). This means, the data of client (Y) will first be deleted and then the data of client (X) will be copied to client (Y).

I hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Sriram

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram:

no for both option.

I 'd like to export my MNP system for backup in my directory.

0 Kudos

Dear Mandy,

There is no option available with the client copy to back up the data to a directory.

Please use the option of Database backup to take a back up of the entire system and then, incase of any problem you can restore the Database from the backup which you have taken.

If your DB is oracle, you may use the BRTOOLS to take the BACKUP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sriram

0 Kudos

For a client copy, you compulsarily need a source system (client) and a target system (client)

Just for your information.

Regards,

Sriram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Please a look and you can find the answer of your query.

BC-CTS-CCO

Briefly Explaination

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which system's client export do you need. That should be mentioned in the target field.

Normally once you choose the SAP_CUST, you get an info pop-up saying the User and Company addresses would not be a part of the export. You would need to separately export the User Master and import it into the new client.

This will not remove any data from your source client.

Regards,

Srikishan