Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding System Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

good see the new lok of sdn...

Have a question on the system refresh, we recently did a POC for the refresh using a scenario where we will get all the production data top a sandbox/dev system. To retain the assignments intact we would be importing tables like AGR_USERS,AGR_USERT, USO*,USR* and USH* tables.

But later we figured out that there are mismatch in AGR_1251, AGR_DEFINE,AGR_1252 etc tables.. I have checked for the dependencies for the above tables which were imported back but still the differences in the tables makes me think of using the traditional approach of refresh where the user master is re-imported once the master data from Production evironment is copied..

Appreciate if you guys let me know refresh statergy being followed in your environment..

Rakesh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

If you want to retain the user assignment in the non prod system,

-> do a user master export through SCC8 , by selecting the SAP_USER profile, it will generate a transport and once the refresh is complete, you have to import the transport and continue the user master import in SCC7.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Sanketh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

As Sanketh suggested you can use the transport procedure. Apart from it, I will suggest you take the backup of User and role assignment tables for future reference. Some times there will be a mismatch of role and users b/w the two systems and when in doubt you can reference the backup tables when in doubt.

Customers do manual export and import instead of SCC8, all based on how they manage the accounts and the nonprod system users. Usually copyback is done from prod to QA or dev or Sandbox. There is a high chance of user accounts mismatch or role assignments mismatch. If the need to have system like Prod with all the users with original assignments + retain all the test IDs and extra assignemnts in nonprod, a full copy back then delta manual upload is the way to go.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Ajesh.