cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting: graphical mapping templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my graphical mapping, i have created and used mapping templates. do i need to transport them along with mappings?

Thanks in advance.

Prema Boodi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mapping templates are being used to reuse them in different mappings for the mapping purpose within and across different software component version.  If you modify mapping template for the new mapping object then the mapping objects that use the old mapping template will not be impacted.  IMO, Yes you need to transport them too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar.

As you said, i can modify already used template, then how will my transported template work for existing mapping, if modify.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not work on Mapping Template. I still think PI would keep as seperate version for the changes.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me add a few words. Think of the purpose why mapping tempates were introduced, this will answer your questions. The goal of this functionality is to enable reuse of some mapping schemas and maintaining changes centrally. So when you use some template in multiple mappings, you need to get the template (not the mapping itself) transported, to see the change reflected. And when you transport the template, this automatically affects all the mappings where this template is used.

Putting things simple, think about the mapping and the template as separate objects, although one of them references and calls the other one. It is like an ABAP report calling a function module, for instance. I hope this answers all your doubts.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar and Greg.

Yes i transported templets too.

Answers (0)