cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing screen values at start of application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

following situation. I have created an FPM application that uses a Form-UIBB with several fields. Lets concentrate on the first 4 fields as these are my current headache.

1. Organizational Unit
  2. Module
  3. Year (Dropdown)
  4. Session (Dropdown)

When a user choose a Org.Unit only specific Modules should be offered. No problem with that. When a certain Module is chosen, only certain Years/Sessions should be offered. No problem with that either.

The problem arises at the start of the application when a user has "personalized" values (e.g. set them as default values). At the moment the application is started, the Org. Unit and Module are already on the screen. I want to fill the DD's for the year and session but to do that I need to know the Org.Unit and Module that are on the screen (e.g personalized).

How do I get these values at the FPM_START?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The only possibility that I currently see to solve this problem is to trigger an additional application-specific FPM event during processing FPM_START and, when this application-specific event is processed, to access the form data in method GET_DATA of your form feeder. Then, you should get the current values that are displayed on the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Jens is right you need to fire an additional FPM event which would call the GET_DATA method of your feeder class and so you can capture the values.

This is the only solution for this requirement.

For firing an FPM event there are a lot of examples you can find.

Thanks

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the personalized values are not known at that point in time. I had to solve it differently. Honestly...I find it a bit strange that one can personalize values but these are not available to the application developer at FPM_START....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184741
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you might have binded the org unit and module to some context attributes. try to read them in the init method.