Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restict f4 based on another search help

former_member672218
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created two search helps and want to restrict values in one of the search help based on the other. For example : Depending on search1 the result of search2 is to be modified in the selection screen.

I have not created any context nodesand have only created the selection screen parameters by:

wd_this->m_helper->add_selection_field(

i_id           = `ZROLE`

i_within_block = `BL01`

it_result      = lr_field

I_VALUE_HELP_TYPE = IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER=>CO_PREFIX_SEARCHHELP

I_VALUE_HELP_ID = 'ZROLE').

So this way the selection screen is defined and the f4 works fine but now i am not sure how to retrieve the hit value of the first search help and pass it to second search help as an importing parameter. Please help.

Thanks,

Venkat              

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venkat varadan wrote:

I have not created any context nodesand have only created the selection screen parameters by:

This confuses me a bit. What kind of UI-Element are you using? If the search helps are Inputfields you must have some context elements for the obligatory binding.

Despite from what you have done already; my approach would be two input fields with respective context bindings. Two freely programmed search helps or OVS which depend on internal tables for the F4-Value List. The F4-Value Lists, be they in the context/attributes/assistance class, could be altered at the "onEnter" event of either Inputfield.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member672218
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I create selection fields by

wd_this->m_helper->add_selection_field(

i_id           = `ZROLE`

i_within_block = `BL01`

it_result      = lr_field

I_VALUE_HELP_TYPE = IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_HANDLER=>CO_PREFIX_SEARCHHELP

I_VALUE_HELP_ID = 'ZROLE').

and then retrieve the values from the table into an internal table and then bind the internal table to a context node. There is no seperate context node for selection screen fields.

For one of the selection screen field, i have to restrict the f4 help based on another  selection screen parameter.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat ,

For  Second SEARCH-HELP based on first help ,

Create event-handler method which is created for event provided by wdr_select_options component

Read the node, where first selection field values binded.

Then in Select query ,use that internal table in where clause.( with for all entries )

Further ,you use ur own logic.

Ragards,

Jyoti

former_member672218
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. Created OVS for this and it worked.

Answers (0)