cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help regding --- Defect tracking while testing using SolMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anybody tell me how to track a defect when the tester is testing from the test workbench?

How can he raise the defect? I checked the various features over there. I am not able to find a control using which I can raise the defects.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & best regds,

Alagammai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on my own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai,

Thanks for your points, despite my reply marked for Gabriel instead.

I was myself surprised by the date of the original thread; however, I went ahead to reply to save time.

Did you have a chance to see my question in [this|; thread - it's on a related topic.

Best wishes,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Even though my message is old, the inputs you provided would be helpful to Gabriel. But Gabriel cannot reward you as the message is posted by me )

Felt like you should be rewarded for your interest in helping Gabriel. Hence... )

Posted reply to your other thread. Hope it might help you.

best regds,

Alagammai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alagammai and Srinivas

Thanks both for your inputs, were very helpful...i posted a message yesterday with "Defects Management" as a title, please fill free to input the message for rewarding.

Bye

Gabriel P-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alagammai.

Did you find any solution for this??

Im on the same issue....

Best regards!!

Gabriel P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabriel,

Defect tracking is done by way of creating messages while recording test results.

These messages created from here would all pile up for action in CRM_DNO_MONITOR transaction.

The person responsible for resolving the defect (message) can be seen/ allocated from here, by opening and changing the message.

The message (each with its own unique system given number) will have its life cycle - with various possible status values, till they are resolved.

These are also viewable from Message Overview button at Test Plan level.

Please let me know if you need any more pointers.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gabriel,

Forgot to mark this question as "Solved".

In the tester's workbench you will be able to see a traffic light kind of image(with 3 circles). Just click on it. It will take you to the page where you can record the result of your test case in the first tab and can raise the service desk message in the second tab(Message Tab).

Whatever message you create here can be processed from the "crm_dno_monitor".

If any further inputs are needed feel free to get in touch with me. But create a new thread and (feel free) to offer points )

best regds,

Alagammai.