cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating two PI systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know it is possible to connect two PI systems on different Landscapes to communicate via XI adapter. What if I need to send IDOC from say frp,

ECC1 --> PI1 ---> PI2----> ECC2

What kind of setup would be required ?

Also to connect two PI systems what kind of configuratio is required ? SAP Help does not go in detail regarding the connection set up between two PI systems.

Is using MQ series between two PI systems a better option instead of connecting two PI systems directly ?

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

You can use XI proxy adapter to connect 2 PI systems.

for sending msg from first PI system to second PI system, do these activities in first PI system - in receiver XI comm channel, specify a RFC destination of type H and in SM59 create that type H connection to the second PI server giving target host as second PI system's hostname and path prefix as /sap/xi/engine?type=entry and other details. test connection to see if it is working. if the connection is working, then the configuration in ID will have the integration server of second PI system as the receiver business system having the above receiver XI comm channel, then your msg will reach to second PI system from first PI system.

for sending msg from second PI system to first PI system, do the above activities in second PI system.

Thanks and Regards,

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahh......my reply in this thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3159213

@teresa - pls see my reply in the above thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Atul - good copy-paste work, but it would have been better if you would have directed teresa to refer to this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3159213 directly and ask her to see my reply there.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recommend soap adapter to connect two PI systems. It's a simpler and easy approach. First PI Soap receiver integrate with second pi sender soap adapter.

Example:

SAP Source (ECC) ---> (PI one) Proxy or idoc sender ---- ( PI one)Soap reciever -> (PI two)SOAP sender ---- (PI two) Proxy or idoc-> SAP ECC target system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar. Before setting up the SOAP adapters Do i need to define the PI2 as technical system and business system  in PI1 and vice versa in the SLD?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do i need to define the PI2 as technical system and business system  in PI1 and vice versa in the SLD?

You need to take care proxy configuration between sender ecc system and PI1. similary the same between PI2 and target ECC system.

For soap communication between PI1 and P12, you can just handle through business component. You dont need business system.

You basically host webservice on PI2 using soap sender and consuming it via soap receiver on PI1.  Just use business component. No configuration work in SLD.