cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECM release key: planning vs production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm currently using ECM on BOMs with release key.

What is the difference between released for planning and released for production? Is only a question of planned orders and production orders?

My assumptions was if its released for planning we can do all demand planing but not do manufacturing execution such as backflushing components, production confirmations, etc...

Since we are using REM we always have planned orders only, and we would like to release for planning but not for manufacturing execution. Is there any chance?

Could you please guide me here?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just moved this topic to PLM area. Hope you can give me some clue on this.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes my friend this is expected behavior. Below is the logic how system works,

If you just release to planning but always converting planned orders to production orders then 100% sure system will do all the activities in production with the BOM changes as per release to planning.

Why this happens is, when you apply release key of planning but not to production, then run MRP as per demand it will create planned orders exploding and picking all the BOM changes done through ECM which was released.

Now already planned orders have the latest exploded BOM with changes as per ECM. Now when u convert the planned orders to production orders for sure all these changes will also flow to production orders and you cannot stop it......Development in this area is also almost impossible.

For example you have released the ECM only to planning and if you are dropping production orders using Co01 and not converting planned orders to production orders then these changes will never be picked.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai.

Thanks you very much.

Best regards

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

you would try the following combinations (remember, that, for example, you can have the prod. 'ON' only if the plan. is 'ON' as well):

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.PPIO,

I have done that setup before. The problem I'm facing is that when we have a BOM only released for planning (like in your example: release key: 2) the system allow us (We are using REM)to make operations such as backflushing components, confirmations,etc...

Is this the expected behavior? In my opinion no, otherwise why do we have release for planning and production?

Thanks a lot.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Shall I move this topic to other forum (PLM ??).

Thanks.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any help please.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any clue on this?

Thanks.