Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in rfc response

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a requirement were rfc response sends either 'X'  or ' ' value in a field ,but this value is getting appended to next field value

eqp_id - 63

Update_indicator - 'X' or ' '

User - yab

so my rfc response in sxmb_moni looks like :

equip_id - 63

User - Xyab

field Update_indicator is not coming in RFC response and its value is getting appended to next field User

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all the issue is resolved

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

This is what i can see in sm59

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a unicode problem. Please check the unicode settings of your CC and those of the ECC system that connects to PI.

Hope this helps,

Mark

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Mark Angelo Dihiansan

Can you please let me know where i can see this unicaode setting in PI System.In my RFC channel where can i see it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

<READ RULES OF ENGAGEMENT>

Message was edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

i have reimported the rfc but still that field  is not coming in RFC Response in sxmb_moni

but this field is present in my reimported rfc .i can see it in ESR (imported rfc)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just few cents. Are you activating all the referenced ESR object completely like response mapping object and refresh the cache of ID objects? This should not be a problem after re import the latest version of FM.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Test your function module with same data in ECC and see the results, if same results were cmoning then check with ECC team they have to fix it by chaging code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sahana , once u have to check below steps:

step1:  on sap systeem , u need to test the function module is there any add the 2 fields .

on pi:

step2 : in esr , you need to check is there any concat 2 fields in Responce mapping

step3: in esr, you have to test rfc response getting output is correct / not

step4: if there any probelm with rfc structure in esr , once reimport RFC under imported objects.

Message was edited by: Bhavani Sankar

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most probably the RFC-enabled function module was changed, after it was imported to PI. So now FM metadata is not up to date in PI. In order to solve the problem, simply reimport the FM metadata in ESR and you should see the new field properly.

Hope this helps,

Greg

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahana,

Check the RFC locally, means test it where it is created (SAP ECC system).

This can be issue with the coding.