Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EWM Task Interleaving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with Task Interleaving, hopefully you can help... My case:

I have three queues; inbound, outbound and internal. I've created a resource group (ALL), and all three queues have been assigned to the resource group via /SCWM/QSEQ. The inbound queue is sequence 1, outbound is seq. 2 and internal is seq. 3.

In order to activate task interleaving, I've created a queue type (TSKI), and assigned this queue type to the three queues. I have also maintained the queue type sequence via /SCWM/QTSQ. Here, there's only one sequence, which links resource group (ALL) to my new queue type (TSKI). I've also maintained the coordinates for my bins.

In order to test, I've created a case with two inbound WO's (queue INBOUND), which are going from the GR-ZONE to a bin in St.Type 0051, and one outbound WO (queue OUTBOUND) which is going from St.Type 0051 to the GI-ZONE.

First, one of the inbound WO's is picked up when selecting System-Guided Selection in the RF-transaction. The goods in this WO are being send to storage type 0051. After confirmation, I would expect that the system proposes to pick the outbound WO, because this is located near the current location. Instead, the system proposes to get the other inbound WO from the GR-ZONE.

It looks to me like the system is checking the queue sequence from the resource group, and is not taking the task interleaving into account.

Does anyone have experience with this? Are my assumptions correct, or am I missing anything?

Thanks & regards,

Oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

The issue is solved.

Instead of creating just one queue type, you need to create a seperate queue type for each queue.

So, instead of having one queue type for task interleaving (in my case TSKI), I had to create three queue types, for Inbound, Outbound and Internal.

Answers (0)