cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMAN Duplicate database, tnsnames.ora for SAP database name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to do RMAN duplicate datbase using active database option as below.

1) The host name will be different

2) The database name (SID, and DB name) must be same.

So i need help to change the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora and sqlnet.ora files. For e.g My DB Name is M12 i need to copy same db, M12 on other host so how i should adapt above three files on each host.

Please find attached file name sdn_tns.txt where i have mention the example for M12 system for tnsnames.ora file. Please help me whether that will work? and how i can adapt listerner.ora and sqlnet.ora for the same.

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

well it does not really matter, if the the database should have the same name or not. If you want to keep the same path and so on, you also need to extend your RMAN DUPLICATE syntax (NOFILENAMECHECK).

Just add a tnsnames.ora entry of your auxiliary instance, define a db_unique_name on your auxiliary instance and use that for the DUPLICATE procedure.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stepfan

Thanks for reply. But i need to know how i can define the tnsnames.ora to connect to my auxiliary instance with same db name and sid. I have attached file in above message. Can you please let me know how to define entry in tnsnames.ora for auxilary instance.

Please check attached file.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

do you know this whitepaper from Oracle?

http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/sap/wp-ora4sap-dataguard11g-303811.pdf

It is really good and I already used it to clone a SAP system via Dataguard. It describes how to configure your tnsnames.ora. Much better than I could do.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried but the doc. but still not able to do it. Can somebody help in this

I am attaching herewith the tnsnames.ora and listner.ora files. I need to know how i can configure it. My goal is the dabase name should be same but the hostname is different. Not i should resolve the name in tnsping command. Please find attached file.

Reuqest you help.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I managed to resolved the problem by adapting tnsnames which is also at sap profile subdirectories.

Thanks for your input .

Regards