cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

We have got a requirement for creating budgets for Purchase orders , for this do we need to Project system/Funds management module? I have searched the internet and came to know there are no configuration guide available for Country INDIA, i have also gone through "Funds management-U.S.A best practices but there is no such activity where we can set budgets for Purchase Orders. Also i have got solutions for creating budgets related to SAP Business One. So could anyone guide me on this? Please Reply.

Regards

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Internal Order are CO objects.

You can create an internal order and assign budget in them. for eg.

internal order 1000 - 2012 - 10000

When you make PO in account assignment select F- internal order

and give your internal order in PO account assignment.

If your PO value exceeds 10000 it will not let you save as budget is exceeded. If less than 10000 it will create commitments in internal order

Budget:10000 Assigned (PO value suppose 1000) Available 9000.

When you post GRN commitment will turn into Actuals and

Budget:10000 Actuals (PO value suppose 1000) Available 9000.

For this you require configuration. which I cannot write here as it is large.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Please post your question in the SAP ERP Financials related area (http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/financials/controlling) so the correct group can assist you with your inquiries.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you doing Capital Procurement. then follow from Internal Order and Projecy System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. so you mean to say that better we configure Project system, and what about internal order which you mentioned? I didn't get that point.

Ashwin