cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lower-case letters for SFCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do anybody knows how it is possible that in some cases SFCs are inserted to database in lower-case letters? This have happened in our production environment but when I have tried to reproduce it in our test envirnonment, SFCs are allways inserted to database as upper-case letters: no matter is Caps-Lock of my keyboard on or off, letters seen in screen are always upper-case letters and letters inserted to database are always upper-case letters.

Checked from ACTIVITY_LOG -table that activity which is used in production have been CT500 or PR300.

VMfg version into use is 5.1.0.1

Regards,

- Jukka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 possibilities -

1. When SFCs are created from custom code in the back ground.

2. When SFCs are created using next number generation and the pattern defined has a lower case in it.

Disclaimer: I have myself faced issues because the first situation but haven't used next number for SFC creation yet.

- Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SFCs are created in PR300 (Create Trackable SFC) or CT500 (Assembly Point) and I think that there are no customizations in those activities in our VMfg. In both cases no next number patterns in use when creating SFC.

Any other ideas?

- Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Trackable creates an SFC from one of the Assembly Data Type fields (e.g. EXTERNAL_SERIAL).  It is possible this field has lowercase values entered during assembly.  Take a look at the parent assembly in As-Built Configuration to confirm this.

This may not be an issue in SAP ME 5.2.x and later.  I am pretty sure that we changed this in SAP ME 5.2.x to shift those values to uppercase during assembly.   So the EXTERNAL_SERIAL field will be stored in all uppercase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to check which assembly data types allow to fill lowercase values?

- Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you could use As-built Configuration to retrieve the parent assembly and check the data values.  These are stored in the SFC_ASSY_DATA table if you want to view the raw data.

Another alternative is to enter lowercase values during assembly and see if they are shifted to uppercase using As-Built Configuration.