SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way of converting material master IDOC to Article master IDOC?

former_member282968
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please suggest me how a material which gets created in the sender system and distrubuted as an IDoc can be converted into an article in the recieving system?.If it is required to be done only in receiving system what is the best option?.And standard programs or t-code used to do the inbound processing of an article ( single as well as mass processing).

with thanks & regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see the following steps:

(1) Setup Change-Pointer enabling of fields for the message type ARTMAS and Object type MAT_FULL in BD52

(2) Setup Customer Distribution Model in Sender and Receiver system for the message type ARTMAS using BD64

(3) Generate Partner Profile either from distribution model screen or using WE20.

(4) Execute BD10 (Full build) and BD21 (Changes) in Sender system

(5) When IDOCs are transferred to the receiver system with status 64, run the  program RBDAPP01 to post the articles in the receiver system. This will transfer multiple articles. In the partner profile of the receiver, this transfer can be made real time by selecting the option 'Trigger immediately'.

Thanks,

Venu

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please see the following steps:

(1) Setup Change-Pointer enabling of fields for the message type ARTMAS and Object type MAT_FULL in BD52

(2) Setup Customer Distribution Model in Sender and Receiver system for the message type ARTMAS using BD64

(3) Generate Partner Profile either from distribution model screen or using WE20.

(4) Execute BD10 (Full build) and BD21 (Changes) in Sender system

(5) When IDOCs are transferred to the receiver system with status 64, run the  program RBDAPP01 to post the articles in the receiver system. This will transfer multiple articles. In the partner profile of the receiver, this transfer can be made real time by selecting the option 'Trigger immediately'.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...

For some parametric reasons it must be done only at the receiver server.

What are the options if it has to be done only in the reciver system?

Creating custom function module and changing the data segments while passing into the standard function module is one way?

There is a scheduler standard program which will do the inbound processing , for instance how it will help if we create a custom program which will convert MATMAS to ARTMAS and schedule this before inbound processing standard program? In this case, what is the best way to go about converting the message type? Is there any standard inbound processing program for article master?

With regards,

0 Kudos

Hello,

In this case, the standard approach is to map Material data into IDOC type ARTMAS03 in middle-ware such as PI/TIBCO and then subscribe the IDOC into receiving system. Then IDOC gets created with status 64 which can be posted into application either automatically ( with Trigger immediately in partner profile) or through running the program RBDAPP01.

If you do not have any middle-ware, you may a write an ABAP program to upload the data from flat files and then use BAPI_MATERIAL_MAINTAINDATA_RT to create articles in the receiving system.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Thanks Venu,

How about using the custom function module?

In WE57 instead of using the AFS_RETAIL_ARTMAS_IDOC_INPUT which is the standard function module for article creation I will use my own custom function module and change the control segment and data segment of the matmas according to the article ?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes; you can use a custom version of Inbound IDOC posting AFS_RETAIL_ARTMAS_IDOC_INPUT and configure it in BD57. How do you pass the data from source system : ALE/Middle-ware/Adapter?

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

The source system data will come from ALE to the interface parameters of the function module.It worked for me when I tried this in we19 for testing the custom function module.

But I wanted to know if I follow this method, Does it have any inherent problems?

Please note: This is for those who follow the thread.If it is required to create the characterstic , class and classifcation for article the message type CHRMAS, CLSMAS and CLFMAS will work as it works with material.Only change would be in article creation as message type MATMAS wont work for article creation.

With thanks & regards

0 Kudos

Hello,

It looks to me that if SAP AFS is your sending system transferring Material Master IDOC through ALE, AFS_RETAIL_ARTMAS_IDOC_INPUT is the correct inbound posting function module for Article Master in SAP Retail system.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose I have created an article from the material IDOC with the basic data, classification and header text.Now I have to extend the Article to many plants.What procedure i need to follow for Article?

How can I extend an article to plant level immediately after an inbound processing of an IDOC which creates only the basic and classification view?

With thanks & regards,

0 Kudos

Hello,

Site level views are normally created through listing process. This could be individual listing as an interface from external plan-o-gram system through a batch job or by creating Assortment Module within SAP. This creates site level views with WLK1, MARC, MARD records.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

I want to extend site level views programatically.Please suggest me the right approach for that.

Venu, can you please elloborate what is individual listing as an interface from external plan-o-gram system through a batch job?

with thanks & regards,

0 Kudos

Hello,

There are many methods for listing and thereby creating site level views:

(1) Transaction WSP4 or mass list using WSM3

(2) Using ABAP program LISTING_COND_MAINTAIN_DARK_RFC

(3) Using IDOC type LIKOND01and message type LIKOND

The decision regarding which articles should be listed for certain may be done in a third party plan-o-gram system which provides a visual representation of a store's products or services and then interfaced into SAP.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

Thanks for all the helpful answers

I want to extend the article only for the selected sites. How can i group those selected sites and extend only to those sites ?

Suppose if I have to do it in case of material,I get the all the plants into one internal table and by looping that internal table & using the BAPI for material creation I would extend the plant data.

How to do the same in case of Article?

0 Kudos

1) You can group sites by creating a site group (class) in CL01, using class type 026.

2) Then you maintain assignment in a class in CL24N (i.e. Assign Sites to Site Group).

3) Then you should be able to extend the Article to the Site Group in WSM3

Thanks,

0 Kudos

I dont see the site group option in WSM3?But the mandatory fields are Assortment, Article and listing procedure