cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement like the value of PR00 was 1000 from 01.01.2011 to 31.12.2011. it is now 2000 from 01.01.2012.

Its a space selling business.

The space was given on rent from 25.03.2011 to 10.04.2012. Now I want to charge the customer at a rate of 1000 from 25.03.2011 to 31.12.2011 and at a rate of 2000 from 01.01.2012 to 10.04.2012 in a single Bill.

Please help

Regards,

AKN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by enabling periodic billing as the process. Actually if this is your business process, then you should ideally be having periodic billing in your order management process.

You can have a sales order which have (for example) annual billing period.

So you will have different billing items in the billing items. So you will have one item with period 01.01.2011 to 31.01.2011 and the next item with period 01.01.2012 to 31.12.2012

At the end of each period, you can create an invoice.

You should also maintain condition records as per dates .eg 1000 for 2011, 2000 for 2012 and so on.

Now once your first billing item is due (assuming arrears case in periodic billing, which means billing is created at the end of the period), the first invoice will give you the value as 1000.

For the second period, you can create another invoice which will give you the value as 2000.

Both cases will work like this provided the price determination should happen again during invoice creation.

If you have any clarification in this, please let me know. I dont see any other process which will give you such a comfortable process within SAP for your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

Thanx alot for your valuable suggestion.

Here the rates are changed any time....as per business requirement & decision. And they bill the customer only at the time of delivery, as I have explained above.

They have cases where customer had deposited the material 8 yrs back and now has come to take delivery...So they will bill him no.w for past 8 yrs where 9 times rates had changed. So the customer will be billed now taking all the rate enforced during last 8 yrs respectively.

I dont think periodic billing can help on this.

Please suggest

Regards,

AKN

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ashish,,

i think the best solution is to create the base value routine and assign in pricing procedure....other wise there is one more process name as retroactive billing .with the help of retroactive billing we can update with new price but this retroactive billing is only calculated on invoice not sales documents.

so i can see the only option for you is create routine/ add extra piece of code and assign to your pricing procedure.

Regards

Patchala 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Line item is not different. There is only a single line item

No problem.  When you execute VF01, there also, you can see the field Pricing date where also, you can change.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

If I change the pricing date in VF01... It will be billed at a rate of 1000 (see the first example).

I want the billing to be at a rate of 1000 upto 31.12.2012 and  at a rate of 2000 from 01.01.12 to 10.04.12.

AKN

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello AKN,

I feel with Single Line Item it is not possible in SAP Standard.

In my opinion you have ollowing options:

1. Define a New Routine & assign the same to Alternate Base Value for Condition in Pricing Procedure. This Routine will check for the Dates & the Prices in Condition Records & calculate accordingly.

2. If you are Billing for Space (Rent) then the SAP Standard solution os to go for Billing Plan in Periodic Billing which can easily capture different Rates for different months.

Experts, please correct me, if I am wrong,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Actually the requirement is a complex 1.

It is a warehousing business where space is sold on rent. In one scenario the customer is billed only when he takes delivery of his stock from the warehouse and then he is charged for the period between goods receipt and goods issue. I have already created  a routine and using it in alternative calculation type for automatic period calculation & its multiplication with the condition value. So should I create another routine & assign it to Base Type?

AKN

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

That is your choice. you can add a peice of ABAP Code in that same Routine or create a new Routine & assign it to the Base Type.

Speak to your ABAPer, I feel you can enhance the existing Routine to Calculate the Price as well based on dates.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure, the line item would be different in which case, you can change the pricing date in one line to meet the requirement. That is for one line item, you can maintain the pricing date as 25-03-2011 and for the other line item, maintain 01-01-2012.

Needless to mention, you should have maintained the pricing condition via VK11 and not changing the validity date alone via VK12.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Line item is not different. There is only a single line item

AKN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKN,

you can maintain new price Condition VK11 with validity periods, in case if you maintain in VK12 the history of condition records will disappear, by maintaining in VK11 you can also see the previous price history.

Thanks

VSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VSA,

Obviously I have maintained the price condition in VK11.

The issue is different.

AKN