cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Activity Description

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to pick up the network activity description.  It will be displayed in a custom display text in the timesheet.  I have no problems displaying the text using the timesheet include ZXCATU09.

My problem is more basic than that.  I know the Project id, the WBS element and the network id.  There is only one activity under each network and it contains the description that I need.  It is in table-field  AFVC-LTXA1.

How can I link the network table AUFK with the network activity table AFVC?  Within the Project programs it is retrieved in a structure AFVGM.

I have looked at the corresponding records in both tables.  The key fields for AFVC are AUFPL and APLZL.  there must be an intervening table. 

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the PRPS table enter the project id and you will get a list of all the WBS elements. Pass these WBS elements in the AFVC table and you will get a list of all the activities. You can retrieve the description for the activity from here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I can use the WBS element in table AUFK.  It will retrieve all of the associated activities.  This will be between two and four entries.  Each will have a different description.

I know the network number, but canot see how to detewrmine which of these entries I need.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nigel,

You have AUFK and AFVC adn the linking table is AFKO

You can get AFKO-AUFPL when AUFK-AUFNR = AFKO-AUFNR

Once you know the AUFPL, you can get activity descriptions from AFVC-LTAX1 where

AFKO-AUFPL = AFVC-AUFPL and AFVC-VORNR = Desired activity number

It is simple!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if you know the network number pass the number in the below table you will get list of activities from there you can retrieve the description of activities

AUFK/AFKO table for orders and networks

AFVC/AFVU/AFVV  table for network activities

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would rather suggest to use function module or BAPI to get network description. You can use BAPI BAPI_PROJECT_GETINFO for the same purpose.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is a goods idea and the proper way of doing it.  I have gone into BAPI and tested a single network. It returned the linked activity and the activity description. 

Function module: BAPI_NETWORK_GETINFO

Table: I_NETWORK_LIST single entry of network 4017871

Returns table E_ACTIVITY with description CS77626-IMPLM-Insurance Australia

I will code the changes today and confirm if I can get the results that I need before confirming that the query can be closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - thanks for suggesting the BAPI.  The solution is now in UAT.

I want to upgrade my response to you from Helpful to Correct Answer, but cannot find out how. 

Please accept my thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pass your Project Definition to PRPS - PSPHI and find all WBS element from PSPNR field.

Pass all PSPNR entries to AFVC-PROJN and you will find description from AFVC-LTXA1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The field AFVC-PROJN is not unique.  A single WBS element will return several records each with a different description. 

There are identifying fields

OBJNR NV000001934100000001

BEDID 01000020721

RUECK 0000019388

But I have not found an intermediate table from AUFK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is more basic than that.  I know the Project id, the WBS element and the network id.  There is only one activity under each network and it contains the description that I need.

This is what you have written then how come multiple records will come.