cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Handle multiple targets using Extended receiver determination without using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on a requirement (SOAP to IDoc) scenario.

Source1 (Material_OB)             ->          PI          ->                Target1 (For Idoc creation)

Target2 (For Delivery ack)

So we are sending one message from Source1 to Target1 and Delivery ack to Target2

How can we handle multiple Targets using extended receiver determination, as i have same sender Source1 for both the targets without BPM.

I am unable to create two receiver determinations with same Sender Source1 and Interface name Material_OB.

Regards,
Sat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sat,

if you want to send same message to 2 target systems you dont need to use Extended Receiver determination unless you have complex condition in determining Receivers.

Please lets know if your requirement is something different.

Regards,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag,

Thanks for your quick response.

My requirement is as below.

I have 3 source business systems (ABC, DEF, GHI) and 2 receiver business systems(XXX, YYY).

If iam sending message from ABC system, it has to send material details to (XXX or YYY) based on company codes,

and delivery ack is sent back to ABC system

In IR,

Interface Mapping

Material_OB_to_Mat1_IB

Material_OB_to_Mat2_IB

Material_OB_to_ReceiverDetermination_Mat1   (Receiver for Idoc)

Material_OB_to_ReceiverDetermination_Mat2   (Receiver for Delivery ack)

Message Mapping

Material_OB_to_Mat1_IB                                  (Mapping for sending material details to Idoc)

Material_OB_to_Mat2_IB                                  (Mapping for sending same details as deli. ack)

Material_OB_to_Receivers_Mat1                       (Mapping to determine to which system material details are to be send based on company codes)

Material_OB_to_Receivers_Mat2                       (Mapping to determine which system delivery ack has to be send) 

So now in ID, under receiver determination, how can i determine the same sender for two receivers.

Sender: ABC

Interface: Material_OB

Extended Receiver Determination: Material_OB_to_ReceiverDetermination_Mat1

Sender: ABC

Interface: Material_OB

Extended Receiver Determination: Material_OB_to_ReceiverDetermination_Mat2

How can i determine receiver determination and interface determination in ID.

Regards,

Sat

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sat,

So now in ID, under receiver determination, how can i determine the same sender for two receivers

Use Condition option(Xpath or Context object, i used xpath in the following ex) in Receiver determination and specify company codes in determining recievers.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few words from me: in order to meet your requirement, you do not create multiple Receiver Determination objects. Instead, you create one RD and add multiple receiver system lines as in the screenshot added by jagadish inturi. You do not even have to add conditions there - if you always want to send a message to both receivers, just add them both without adding conditions. Also, bear in mind that you cannot perform this message split (multiple receivers) in case of synchronous interfaces.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag and Greg,

I have resolved my issue by creating a messagae mapping with two receivers at target.

And maintained the same mapping in receiver determination under extended option.

Created a look up table for deciding the receiver based on the company code.

Regards,
Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

better approach is to use the enhance receiver determination in the mapping itself decide ur receiver at run time only....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a5f2066340332de10000000a11466f/content.htm

No need to maintain look up table....

thanks

chirag