cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you develop a webservice on XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On XI how do you deveolop a webservice and then deploy it on to XI so it is accessible for our suctomers?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK but what I am struggling with here is if I develop my webservice on XI then I give my customer the WSDL for my WS... When My customer use's this WSDL will his message directly go to the pipeline.... so in essence I dont need a sender soap adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can also do that way where we can directly point to pipeline it depends on url which you give in WSDL . with out this also we can do.

Thanks

Sreeram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

WSDL's URL will contain the service and the interface name u want the external system to interact with . So u give ur SOAP sender adapter details here

Now XI Sys acts as a SOAP client for ur WSDL . Actions in ur WSDL should carry out all ur requirements.

Regards,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if we point it directly to the pipeline and lets say an attachment is coming also with it then can we read the atachment in this way or do we have to use the soap sender adapter in order to be able to read and attached file?

Also I dont understand if you use a sender adapter with the webservice you just defined then how does it work...

Is it each time someone executes your webservice then it immediately gets sent to XI through the SOAP adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

Go through this document where you have answers to all your queries on webservices in XI using SOAP adapter:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d23cbe11-0d01-0010-5287-873a2202...

Also check this weblogs for some help:

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

For Consuming XI Web Services using Web Dynpro go through this weblogs:

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/08/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-ii

/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/10/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-ui-design-part-iii

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz search HowToGuides, there is pdf How To Set Up a WebServices related scenario with SAP-XI. I think that is helpfull.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link.

It explains how to expose a webservice using XI and trigger the same using webdynpro.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5f3ee9d7-0901-0010-1096-f5b...

Regards,

Sudheer.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

WS on XI is jut like any other interface except:

you use another adapter- soap sender adapter

you need to genetare WSDL file

the rest is the same

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

we two approches 1. inside out approach

2. outside in approach.

inside out we use XI to develope WSDL. in Out side in we use R/3 to develop WSDL.

you can find blogs

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

Thanks

Sreeram

Message was edited by:

Sreeram Reddy