cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Sending Message: 302 MOVED TEMPORARILY

0 Kudos

I am getting this error when trying soap sender or even when I send a integration engine using RWB  Integration Engine test tool.

Little background: We are using PI 7.1  and have 2 app servers and web dispatcher is setup.

I get this error when I try to send message to web dispatcher port.. in our case 8101.

http://ndcsapxiq51:8101/sap/xi/engine?sap-client=001&type=entry 

If post the message to 50000 port of any app sever this works, message goes through..

The other strange thing is if I put the port 8101 url directly on browser it asks for userid/pwd and it works.. it even load balances between the app servers.

Rest of the messaging like ECC to PI proxy, there also I have used the 8101 port, it works great with load balancing.

I am not sure what is different in sending soap request or even RWB Integration Engine Test?

Any ideas? please  post

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

the SOAP client has to be able to handle 302 redirects to be able to use load balancing.

Regards

Kenny

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using a WebDispatcher?

Is this High Availability setup?

Those are crucial points to focus on the solution. Please let us know.

Kind regards,

Caio Cagnani

0 Kudos

Hi Caio,

Yes we are using SAP webdispatcher, we have 2 app severs one central instance(CI) and one more app server.

Webdispatcher is running on CI.

We are using the Webdispatcher port 8101 everywhere and Load balancing is working well for IDOC, Proxy all other adpapters.. only issue is when I try RWB  to test massage 8101 does not work, also when I call a sender soap (call to integration engine) with port 8101 it does not work.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

302 error shows when the message posting against invalid URL or address.  Web dispatcher is the front end server which delegates the request to one of the available two app servers during runtime. This redirects to the appropriate address and port appropriate to the java stack engine.  so if you post the data using 8101 in integration engine test, you get 302 errors.  If you post the data using the port 50000, you will not have issue. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

post to 50000 works, but it defeats the purpose of load balancing..

What confusing is .. port 8101 is working when ECC making a proxy call.. that also uses the same protocol to the integration engine with port = 8101 and url path = /sap/xi/engine?sap-client=001&type=entry 

The same URL is used in RWB Integration Engine test, that gives 302 error.  

and 302 is not bad url error.  If it was a bad url, it would have not worked from the web browser.

302 - means redirect