cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver selection based on request header information

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are facing an issue when selecting a request approver in case of a user unlock / user lock request.

In this case no roles are selected so we want to use some fields on request header level to define the request approver.

We tried to create a BRF+ rule based on the functional area field, but the rule runs into errors. We also tried to use the user group field, but ran also into errors.

What field do you recommend to use in this case (preferably a lookup field) to define the correct approver on header level?

Thanks for your help!

Dave.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dave:  What is your criteria?  For the approver......you can only have 1 initiator rule for the Access Request Process ID.  If you want to send Lock/Unlock to your security group, then you can just use requst type, which you should already have in your Intitator Rule. 

If you are trying to get it to a specific user, you can possibly utilize a custom field, or standard such as Company....but this will just be an additional line in your BRF+ initator rule along wtih your New / Change Account, et al..

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. This set me on the right track. I used the company field to select the approver.

I have however an additional question. It doesm't seem to be possible to use the user type in a BRF+ rule to select an request approver.
We want to select a different approver in case the user type is not equal to dialog.

Thanks again for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

There is no field of User Type for selection in the request header. You can try using User Group field, by assigning separate user groups for non dialog users.

There is a problem associated with this. If you set end user verification to YES and it is pointing to LDAP or AD, it may not find the user when submitting the request. As these users are present in the system only. Also we dont regularly lock/unlock or change password of the non-dialog users.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You are on the right path. You can re-work on the BRF+ rule and make it work. Field selection will be your choice

Regards,

Ajesh.