SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

budget exceed during year end activity in t.code FMJ2

former_member599430
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sapient

I am doing year end closing activity of Funds management. Please go through the below mention point

my client has uploaded Purchase requisition and purchase order from their legacy to sap system in the fiscal year 2011 and budget have reduced from 2011.

Now against the particular purchase requisition they want to post purchase order in 2012. Now i am trying to do the year end activity

- i am doing the transaction code FMJ2

- Sender fiscal year 2011

- Value Type - 50

- Document Number (purchase requisition no)

- i have selected  Availability control check

- i did all the customization related to FM year end activity.

- i am getting error while  Budget type 4001 is not allowed for process Carry For. Send for Budget

Annual budget exceeded by 4,002,000.00 INR (FM PB Availability Control) for document item 00010

- What should i have to select for availability control.

Waiting for the solution. Please let me know. Thanx in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will have to either carryforward the part of 2011 budget that is attached to the PR's or enter new budget for 2012.

Check the assigned processes of budget type 4001. make sure processes 'Carry For. Recv' and 'Carry For. Send' are assigned to it.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Dear ming

Thanks for reply but i didnt get it

As ref to your 1st point i was doing carry forward with out entering budget in 2012 and i was getting the same error. and after entering the budget in 2012 exceed amount is showing including the PR value and entered budget.

step 2

i have defined only budget type 4000 only but system showing 4001 budget type. please let me know the budget type where i have to assign.

Thanks regards

Soraj

0 Kudos

Hello Soraj,

Please check the configuration below:

1.  Spro > Publick sector management > Funds management government> Closing operations > Closing operations for BCS > Define budget entry documents for commitment carryforward - is Budget Type (Rcvr) 4001? Is Budget Type (Sndr) 4001?

2. Spro > Public sector management > Funds management government> BCS > Budgeting > Basic settings > Definition of budget data > Budget types > Define budget types > Choose budget type 4001 and click on the folder Assign Processes - is 'Carry For. Send' assigned?

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Check the below configuration settings: 1. Define Budget Entry Documents for Commitment Carryforward 2. Define Budget Types Regards Rao

0 Kudos

Dear ming

1. As ref to your spro path i have checked but my budget type is 4000 and as per your step 1 i have defined 4000 as a budget type and as per your step no 2 i have assigned also 4000 but system is showing budget type error in 4001 so i got confused.Please let me know.

2. Does it require to change budget type when fiscal year change?

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

0 Kudos

Hi As per your error message budget type is 4001. Hence you need to make settings for budget 4001 Regards Rao

0 Kudos

HI

i have configured 4000 as a budget type but how system is showing 4001 budget type.Please let me know

0 Kudos

Hi  Check your maintained Budget type in 'Define Budget Types' and 'Define Budget Entry documents' and assigned process, otherwise system will not show budget type 4001.Check your settings once again.  Regards Rao

0 Kudos

Hello Soraj,

I do not understand why system issue error message for budget type 4001 If your budget entry document type for commitment carryforward is 4000. For investigation purpose, why don't you just define budget type 4001 under Spro > Public sector management > Funds management government> BCS > Budgeting > Basic settings > Definition of budget data > Budget types > Define budget types and assign process Carr For. Send to it. Then try FMJ2 and see what happens. If it still does not work, post the screen shots of the long text of the error message as well as the two configration settings.

Regards,

Ming