cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance Freetext Popup in SRM 7.0(/SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_SC_I_DES)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the follwing requirement:

Enhance the standard Web Dynpro /SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_SC_I_DES --> View V_SC_DOFC_I_DESCRIBE.

A new (customer) field should be available within popup while describing freetext item within SC.

What have I done so far:

- Make an enhancement to Web Dynpro /SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_SC_I_DES --> View V_SC_DOFC_I_DESCRIBE.

- set two customer fields (one label, one input field) within the layout --> container standard content

- enhance the standard context (node describe_item) with my customer field (type char1)

- bind the field to the context and activate the enhancement

Problem:

My customer field is not available during runtime....

Why?

Customer field is activated correctly because I can see it during runtime on positional SC level (Includes INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF and INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC)

Could anyone please explain how to get a customer field to popup screen for freetext?

Why customer field is not shown during runtime although it is bind to context and activated within standard layout?

Thanks and regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

you need to perform an additional setting to display the custom field on describe item view.

Go to SPRO -> SRM - > SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Setting -> extension and field control ->Configure Field control  ->  Configure control for field on Item level - >(select) Default Metadata for fields in items that do not(yet) Exit.

Create an entry for your custom field.

now your field will be visible on the decribe item view.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That solved the problem!

Perfect!

Thanks

Regards

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

just for your information:

SAP Consulting (Purchasing Solutions / SRM) is offering a consulting service that enhances the freetext popup with all shopping cart item custom fields AND several other fields like:

- Supplier

- Accounting Data

- Attachment Upload

Regards

Christian

kersra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

have you more information about this consulting solution? For example a note or a contact person?

thanks a lot

Regards

Ralph

0 Kudos

Hi all,

you can contact

purchasing-consulting@sap.com for a customer presentation, one pager etc.

Kind Regards,

Christian

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Do you know how I can make custom field mandatory? I added a field in the view V_SC_DOFC_I_DESCRIBE, changed the property "State" to required, and changed config in

SPRO -> SRM - > SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Setting -> extension and field control ->Configure Field control  ->  Configure control for field on Item level - >(select) Default Metadata for fields in items that do not(yet) exists to "Field Required".

These settings dont seem to be working, and users are able to click "Ok" button without entering any value on the custom field.

Thanks and BR

kersra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

see note

2024094 - Fields marked as required at metadata level are not being validated

or you implement note (part of SRM 7.13 EHP3).

1883870 - Implementation note for mandatory fields

If you don't want to use check BAdi you need to make an Enhancement Implementation (Post-Exit) on class /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_DODM_SC_I_DSC method /SAPSRM/IF_CLL_DODM_SC_I_DESCR~MANDATORY_FIELDS_FILLED

Regards

former_member184386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, we did the post-exit EI.