cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal servlet error on MAM 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We installed MAM 3.0 on PDA, with MI 2.5. Synchronization shows no errors. However when I execute MAM30 for the first time on the PDA the following error occurs:

Error: 500

java.lang.NullPointerException at com.sap.mbs.mam.bo.impl.Mam090ManagerImpl.getMam090s() at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.process.impl.UserCustomCache.getUserCustomizing() at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.process.impl.UserCustomProcessImpl.getUserCustomizing() at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.process.impl.GenericCustomCache.getMamScenario() at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.process.impl.GenericCustomCache.getBusinessProcess() at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.getBusinessProcess() at com.sap.mbs.mam.cstm.util.ComponentStatus.getPushIsActive() at com.sap.mbs.mam.application.impl.MAMApplicationImpl.() at java.lang.Class.newInstance() at com.sap.mbs.core.naming.DefaultNamingService.create() at com.sap.mbs.core.naming.DefaultNamingService.lookup() at com.sap.mbs.core.web.FrontServlet.doInitialize() at com.sap.ip.me.api.runtime.jsp.AbstractMEHttpServlet.init() at com.sap.mbs.mam.application.web.FrontServlet.init() at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit() at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init() at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service() at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.doForward() at org.apache.tomcat.facade.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward() at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward() at mam_0005fstart._jspService() at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service() at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService() at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService() at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service() at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection() at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt() at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run() at java.lang.Thread.run()

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong?

Thanks and regards,

Jan-Peter Molenaar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes you do not have any 090 (user settings) for your user. Please maintain that information in the relevant IMG node of spro in the backend.

Afterward, make sure the synchronization is completed in the middleware (merep_mon with your mobile ID and check that all messages are in sent status).

This should resolve your problem!

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had already maintained user settings for my user. However, MEREP_MON does not show any status.... MEREP_REPLICATOR_START has been run for MAM30_090 but without changes; although I made some changes in the user profile.

Replicator Starter

SyncBO MAM30_090

Start 08.02.2007 15:51:52

End 08.02.2007 15:51:53

Return message from Replicator follows:

S MEREP_01 007 : Replicator ended successfully (SyncBO=MAM30_090)

Net changes from this Invocation of this Replicator:

Records ADDED = 0

Records MODIFIED = 0

Records DELETED = 0

Total Header Records = 0

Total Item Records = 0

Total Records = 0

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Jan-Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would then look at merep_log to make sure 090 does not have any problem. I would also look at table merep_207 (with se16) for MAM30_090 TOP structure to check if any 090 are on the middleware. If you have some, check with merep_mon if it was sent to your device. On the device you can also open IE with http://localhost:4444/MAM30/start_full.jsp to explore the DB.

Also you can run the BAPI on the backend to check if it return any data. If it does, you can try to reset the RDB for 090 in the middleware by going to se37 and executing MEREP_RDB_T01_RESET for MAM30_090 and redo an initial replication with merep_ex_replic with log level 7 (to catch any information). Then you can check table merep_207 again.

Many info condensed in one message, but I think with that you can figure out what is going wrong.

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Thanks for being so helpful. I tried all the steps you mentioned, however without result: there is still an internal servlet error when starting MAM 3.0 on the PDA after synchronizing again. MEREP_LOG is not displaying any data at all. Do you have some more ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Jan-Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you check the DB on the client. Does it contain something?

(BTW for testing purposes it is faster to install PDA version on a desktop)

Maybe someone from MI can give you answers on why the replication is not doing the delta comparison correctly for 090..?

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client seems empty. I only get blank screens for all SYNC BO's. So I think the problem is bigger than just for 090...

Thanks and regards,

Jan-Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is weird, bacause the client does not have this behaviro when the DB is empty (it is displaying an empty home page instead).

You had a look at merep_mon for your device (to get the mobile id you have to go to merep_pd on the MobileID tab and search for mobile id using your device ID (the CHAR32 GUID on MI setting page)). Check if there are errors in there or any messages in sent status.

Hope this helps:)

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the similar problem.

Could you solved this problem?

Could you tell me how do you solved this?

Thanks for your help.

it's the link with the error