cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I need to change to sap system from one servers to anothers. The Operating system and Database version will be changed. It will be Windows 2008 R2 and Oracle 11.2.

The way for to do this, It´s to make an homogeneous system copy, but now, this concept is too old. The procedure is make following the System copy guide (Database Independent and dependent system copy).

If I follow the Database Independet method, I need to install in the server target, the RDBMS 11.2, and after that I´ve realized the Export from source server, It´ve to be imported in the target server with the sapinst. With this way the sapinst install the sap instance through the Export image of source system. It´s correct?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Operating system and Database version will be changed. It will be Windows 2008 R2 and Oracle 11.2

If only the version change then it still a Homogeneous system copy.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve believed that Homogeneous copy is that the OS or DB not change of type. If I update the Windows to another version of the same OS is considered Homo.

The next question is what System copy guide I need to use to realize and export/import of SAP SCM system. I founded the next guide, but is for Sap netweaver.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Please, go to:

- http://service.sap.com/instguides

- navigation bar:

select your product, e.g. Netweaver 7.0:

SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Installation  or for ERP 6.0:

SAP Business Suite Applications -> SAP ERP -> SAP ERP 6.0 ->   Installation

- main window:

here you will find the links to System Copy and Installation Guides  and - for general information - to Master guide.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergio,

My bad. I should have focussed on "version" part. This would be homogenous system copy though it can be done using export/import. But export/import depending of the size of DB can have a lot more greater downtime compared to backup/restore methods. If you SCM DB is not really big then export/import is pretty reasonable choice else go for backup/restore.

Regards.

Ruchit.

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

If you are changing the DB or the OS, then it is not an homogeneous system copy, it is heterogeneous system copy instead.

Regards,

Hugo Amo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergio,

First of all homogenous system whether old or not is NOT possible in this case since it involves change of both OS/DB and therefore it is heterogenous by its inherent nature.

The aproach you have outlined in more or less near but it would to simplistic to say that it is that. Export/Import means downtime and real trick is to reduce the downtime.

Further OS/DB migration should be performed by SAP certified OS/DB migration consultant only !

Regards.

Ruchit.